PDA

View Full Version : My New to Me Carbon Fiber Bike Frame

ncttrnl
04-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks Jon! :tup:

http://www.cchanphotography.com/biking/sunday_1/images/dsc_8914.jpg

Only thing missing right now is I am waiting on a braze on front derailleur to get delivered. I had a clamp on so I couldn't put it on the bike.

oc-audica
04-13-2008, 07:00 PM
fuji ftw

RavinJetta
04-13-2008, 08:35 PM
Very nice congrats Tony

ncttrnl
04-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Now I just have to get faster. My bike is writing checks my legs can cash right now. It looks bad to be on a full carbon fiber bike getting passed by a Huffy.

jrau13
04-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Looks nice. I don't know crap about these style bikes. Does it feel a lot different from the original frame, just curious?

ncttrnl
04-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Looks nice. I don't know crap about these style bikes. Does it feel a lot different from the original frame, just curious?

Carbon fiber flexes. It doesn't flex a lot but its enough to be noticeable. It winds up being a smoother ride because the frame dampens the bumps and vibrations from the road.

My old frame had a carbon fiber fork and carbon fiber seat stays that worked as suspension so it was pretty smooth too but not at all like this. The full carbon frame is actually good and bad, there isn't a whole bunch of road feel but the bike just glides along.

RavinJetta
04-14-2008, 01:02 PM
I have ridden my father inlaws full aluminum bike and the difference in comfort was night and day to my carbon bike. On the aluminum every expansion joint sent a shot up the body. Carbon Fiber is much more comfortable.

jrau13
04-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Now I see....thanks and it looks awesome!

gest24
04-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Congrats Tony! I got the E-mail from Pablo last night. You just need to step up and get yourself a Toupe. I told Paul to let you try mine for a couple rides and see how you like it.

ncttrnl
04-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Congrats Tony! I got the E-mail from Pablo last night. You just need to step up and get yourself a Toupe. I told Paul to let you try mine for a couple rides and see how you like it.

I've got plenty of hair... why would I need a toupee? :p

For the time being, my saddle works. Right now, I just need to work on more fast and less slow.

gest24
04-14-2008, 05:02 PM
I've got plenty of hair... why would I need a toupee? :p

For the time being, my saddle works. Right now, I just need to work on more fast and less slow.

Ah, how the tables have turned... Not so hot are you now without your fancy little cones are ya? :p