PDA

View Full Version : MT High turned on their snow machines this morning

daygoVR6
10-13-2008, 01:14 PM
looks like it may be an early start this season ....

Hairball_2275
10-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I hope the Santa Ana winds that just started don't mess up the snow they are starting. A nice cold winter would be great this year!

CALL AAA
10-13-2008, 03:43 PM
If they make snow with the Santa Anas blowing, the snow is going to end up in Glendora.

PhätTony
10-13-2008, 03:58 PM
If they make snow with the Santa Anas blowing, the snow is going to end up in Glendora.

lmao:D

Hairball_2275
10-13-2008, 05:06 PM
if they make snow with the santa anas blowing, the snow is going to end up in glendora.

lol!

themandillon
10-13-2008, 09:48 PM
i got the email and instantly logged on to mthigh.com, then proceded to txt/im/post about it. although mthigh will not be my opening day choice this year. im gonna try something different and go to bear.

CALL AAA
10-13-2008, 10:21 PM
I am so excited about this season. Last year, I did a lot of skiing with my friends, and that's always fun. But I had a few other days of skiing that didn't go so well. During a business trip to Nevada, my wife came to visit me in Tahoe. She took a lesson, but the day ended in tears, with no real "downhill progress." Another trip to Bear ended the same way, after I took a shot at teaching her. She was doing something wrong, but I couldn't figure out what.
So then "we" hit the jackpot. Really, I hit the jackpot. She had a 3 hour business trip to Aspen, and we turned it into 3 days of skiing. Well, I planned on skiing for 3 days. My cousin lives up there, and he knows all the bowls, chutes and other fun places to ski. I figured she would shop and sleep.
So on the 3rd day at Aspen Highlands, she decided to be a trooper and took a lesson. I skiied with my cousin, and we had a blast. (We hiked Highlands Bowl, up to about 12,300 ft) So I came back, completely exhausted and joined her. I was preparing myself for more tears, very little movement and a very short afternoon.
Nope. While I was gone, her lesson apparently sank in, and she could ski! She was doing the snowplow to parallel thing, and doing it well! I was so happy! On the chair, we were already talking about this year's trip, and to cap off the day (and the season), she skied a square.
So this year, we're looking at Idaho, Jackson Hole and Whistler.

themandillon
10-13-2008, 10:37 PM
ive heard jackson hole is amazing. im going to try to make it to mammoth at least once, for about 4 days. and a bunch of day trips to big bear

daygoVR6
10-13-2008, 10:56 PM
id like to try bear this year as well and do different parts of MT high i didnt do last year (like certian parts of the mountian that seem to go straight up) ....heres my stick I bought at the end of last season -

Arbor Element 158...Rome SDS 390 Bindings and Im using ThirtyTwo boots (lite weight as all get out)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/daygoVR6/random%20crap/l_e23a89f3889cabd657db50fc3ae4d4d3.jpg

the base of the board is dimpled like a golf ball and gives it less resistance - makes it pretty fast too I only rode it for half a day at the end of the season and I cant wait to tear it up a bit this year

themandillon
10-14-2008, 11:08 AM
i really need a new snowboard, but im cheap and id rather mod my car. that looks like a fun ride

jincs
10-14-2008, 08:04 PM
This year went by fast, seems like last year's season ended a few months ago.

themandillon
10-15-2008, 09:28 AM
i didnt board nearly as much as i should have last year. after i got sick in mammoth over christmas break i was kinda over it

zide
10-15-2008, 09:59 AM
I just hope it naturally snow some what to help the base going quicker before opening day. I cannot wait. Scored snowbird out in Utah for three days in April and have been jonesing ever since!

themandillon
10-15-2008, 11:30 AM
if you are talking about it snowing at mthigh/bear for opening day, dont get your hopes up. those 2 mountains will open AS SOON as possible. as soon as the temps drop low enuf for them to blow for 2 whole days they will open that friday most likely.