PDA

View Full Version : snowboard maintence question

daygoVR6
12-28-2008, 10:16 AM
I posted this on another forum but who knows the sort of response ill get there - I know Im going to get bumps and dings on my board, just curious if there is anything i can do to repair this particular one as it gets into the top layer a bit which is wood....heres a couple of photos, you can sort of see the ding maybe a 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch long if that.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/daygoVR6/random%20crap/DSC_0001-5.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/daygoVR6/random%20crap/DSC_0002-3.jpg

318daily
12-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Ptex or some sort of epoxy ? I'd probably go with an epoxy, sorta like fixing a surfboard. Then sand it flat. Go to a surf shop and pick up a small tube of SolarRez.

3THREE7
12-30-2008, 09:59 AM
hey whats up. im the one on the mt high forum that told you to use epoxy =P

yours isnt really a big deal since its not to the core. but the thing to do watch out for is that since your top sheet is also wood, if it absorbs water it'll swell up and possibly delam. very unlikely in your situation, but it is a possibility.

wood absorbs water, water freezes, water/wood expand, puts wear and tear on the epoxy used to laminate the board, lets more water in, and just dominos from there.

you can trust me, i've worked in the snowboard industry for 8 years. plus most of the OG people on the mt high forum can vouch i know my shit, as well as a few people on here.

IfYouSeeKay
12-30-2008, 10:03 AM
:stupid:
I took my board in yesterday to get one filled and the guy handed me a bottle of epoxy and showed me how to do it myself (i love mom and pop shops).
Super easy and its the same thing they use. It'll cost u less then 5 bucks.

daygoVR6
12-30-2008, 11:12 AM
hey whats up. im the one on the mt high forum that told you to use epoxy =P

ya i saw that thanks - i can never tell what sort of response I am going to get there ....i think im going to go the epoxy route since the top sheet is wood hopefully sand it as cleanly as possible ...or just put a sticker on it once I cover it =)

BTW IFYOUSEEKAY- what board are you on? Im on an Element 158 myself love the thing

3THREE7
12-30-2008, 11:42 AM
ya i saw that thanks - i can never tell what sort of response I am going to get there ....i think im going to go the epoxy route since the top sheet is wood hopefully sand it as cleanly as possible ...or just put a sticker on it once I cover it =)

BTW IFYOUSEEKAY- what board are you on? Im on an Element 158 myself love the thing

yeah few years ago before i moved up north, i used to post on there all the time. was pretty much the go-to guy for anything product/tech related. few years away from the forum and back in socal... its ridiculous the amount of wrong information all these kids are giving out.

oh and my favorite quote that keeps getting overused on there is "its the best board I've ever ridden!" when they've only ridden a couple different boards.

daygoVR6
12-30-2008, 12:53 PM
ya i see alot of it ....i rode a few boards and researched like mad before I got my arbor - got lucky finding it on sale at the end of the season too ...saw a bunch of people on various ones last weekend - nice to see more people on something other than the corporate animal known as burton

IfYouSeeKay
12-30-2008, 04:44 PM
I am on an Arbor Draft 158. I love my damn board. :D

daygoVR6
12-30-2008, 06:47 PM
the draft is a sweet board