PDA

View Full Version : My New Euro

gest24
02-08-2009, 07:46 PM
I picked up a new rig for the '09 race season. I lucked out and picked up a grassroots sponsorship with Magura (Brakes, Suspension) and a "Factory" deal with Pronghorn Racing (Frame). Both companies are Euro, Magura hails from the Fatherland and PHR is Danish.

Its a simple single pivot frame, 100mm rear travel matched to 100mm up front. The brakes are 160mm rotors front and rear. Sram drivetrain and raceface cranks/BB. Mavic Crossmax SLR UST wheels, I'm having a blast knowing I don't have to mess with tubes anymore. Finally the seatpost and stem are from a favorite of mine, Thomson.

The bike rides awesome. I had my first ride on it last weekend at the first race in the Spring Shootout Series at Vail. Fast, reliable and fun! The brakes are a dream, great modulation, awesome lever feel and reach. I still need to get some time in on the Magura fork tho. I just got that this weekend and well, it pissed on SD closing all the trails. Hopefully I can get out this weekend.

http://www.cchanphotography.com/biking/pronghorn/images/dsc_3367.jpg

http://www.cchanphotography.com/biking/pronghorn/images/dsc_3369.jpg

http://www.cchanphotography.com/biking/pronghorn/images/dsc_3379.jpg

TOYr32
02-08-2009, 07:55 PM
How do you like that suspension setup? Looks like it might rock your torso a lot, versus just the rear forks shock. Kind of like the seat shock that I don't think ever took off.

It looks like if you hit a big hump, it will shove the rear of the seat into your sack.

gest24
02-08-2009, 08:27 PM
The wheel travels vertically. The forward triangle doesn't move when the rear moves.

jr_scheiBe
02-08-2009, 08:39 PM
that is sweeeet Kerry!!! bring it to fusion on wed. How was the crit today?

gest24
02-08-2009, 08:54 PM
The crit was fun. I def. know why I'm staying away from Road Racing right now, the pace was fast for a "Beginner" class.

I'll be working night this week again. So I won't be at Fusion on Wed.

jr_scheiBe
02-08-2009, 09:12 PM
that sucks... friends were at the Pro race and said it was scary and awesome just how fast they were going through the corners.

I still cant believe I logged 3.5hrs on the trainer today followed by a run. Its trippy to see your chrono clock over to 4hrs and you still havent stopped. Oh well in 8 weeks I get to see it go to 5+ hours (hopefully not 6)

btw can you even get a water bottle in that cage?!? it looks tight.

gest24
02-08-2009, 09:16 PM
3.5 hours on a trainer would kill me, lol.

I modified my cage to sit lower and I can only fit the small 20oz bottles. But thats what I use for racing so it works out.

Get_the_van
02-10-2009, 12:56 PM
http://www.cchanphotography.com/biking/pronghorn/images/dsc_3379.jpg

Damn, those wood-look stem spacers are the shit!

Kyle H
02-10-2009, 02:56 PM
That's a HOT bike! Where do you ride in SD? I've been having trouble finding any good rides besides the backside of cowles.

gest24
02-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Damn, those wood-look stem spacers are the shit!

Those are solid ash. No faux wood there...

Nefarious
02-10-2009, 07:06 PM
That's a HOT bike! Where do you ride in SD? I've been having trouble finding any good rides besides the backside of cowles.

You're kidding right?? There's TON of good rides in SD

www.mountainbikebill.com

RTRUJILLO
02-10-2009, 07:57 PM

Come ride the trails in Chula Vista,theres some fun stuff out there.

RTRUJILLO
02-10-2009, 07:59 PM

Also Anderson Truck trail or Nobel Canyon,All depends the type of riding you do.

gest24
02-10-2009, 08:01 PM

LPQ, Sycamore Canyon, Vail Lake, Mission Trails, Elfin Forest, La Costa, there's tons of options here.

daygoVR6
02-26-2009, 01:06 PM
thats pretty nice looking Kerry ....how do you like those forks ....my former company had their team on fox forks before I left