PDA

View Full Version : hurt my back today

huitzi
02-13-2010, 09:43 AM
so some lady was using the rack i usually use to do deadlifts and back barbel rows, and i didnt wanna wait for her to finish her exercises so i thought id use the racks on a bench press to do my barbel rows, thing is that the lowest thing where u rest the bar was a bit high for me so i had to use my lower back to put it back on it. did my 5 sets of deadlifts and 4 back rows and when i placed the bar on the rack at the end of my 4th set i thought id put another 10lbs on it, i bent to grab the 5lbs disc from the floor and there! sharped pain in my lower back like the one you get trying to lift a fridge...lol... damn... i tryed to keep going with my routine but the pain was to much and left the gym. fuck! hurts so bad....

good thing is that next week is my week off.... hopefully i can recover by next monday .... any good tips to recover faster?

mike
02-13-2010, 09:53 AM
Heat will help relax the muscle, ice will help numb the nerve. Go get some muscle relaxers and an anti-inflamatory and hope a week is enough and it will go away on its own. If it doesn't get any better in a week, you will need to go get it checked out. I know all about back stuff between Erin and I. She had two slipped discs from a sports injury that got re-injured, they did cortisone injections in her spine, too bad to heal on its own, not bad enough for surgery. Back problems suck.