PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using KW Variant 3 coilovers?

JoeVeeDubber
08-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Just looking to see if anyone out there is using this setup on a mk4 or any car. I am looking to get a set since they are the only double adjustable setup using low pressure gas for the mk4 platform. If you are using other variants post up your experience as well.

H2ovwdrvr
08-16-2004, 12:31 AM
I am running the variant 1's as for dampining I would not change anything they work I would like a stiffer spring probably a 75pound stiffer front and 50 pound stiffer rear I think I am going to take the helper springs out of the front and run a 25mm front solid bar to balance the 28mm hollow rear bar the car is to loose right now with a bit to much body roll. Might also do a poly kit and motorsport strut mounts.

If I get my clutch in and broken in before this weekend might try to run willow without the helper springs and make changes from there

I talked to a couple of the guys at KW USA aka HPA and they said the only time that you really nead the variant 3's are if you are going to change springs regullarly and need to match valving to the differnt spring rates otherwise you will not get a better match than the set dampining to the springs they include standard

JoeVeeDubber
08-16-2004, 12:37 AM
I am running the variant 1's as for dampining I would not change anything they work I would like a stiffer spring probably a 75pound stiffer front and 50 pound stiffer rear I think I am going to take the helper springs out of the front and run a 25mm front solid bar to balance the 28mm hollow rear bar the car is to loose right now with a bit to much body roll. Might also do a poly kit and motorsport strut mounts.

If I get my clutch in and broken in before this weekend might try to run willow without the helper springs and make changes from there

I talked to a couple of the guys at KW USA aka HPA and they said the only time that you really nead the variant 3's are if you are going to change springs regullarly and need to match valving to the differnt spring rates otherwise you will not get a better match than the set dampining to the springs they include standardI called up KW and spoke with someone. Not sure if it was HPA. The person I spoke with actually recommended a variant 3 or race 2 way system for my needs. I really am looking for something that is adjustable to be able to dial in the car for different tracks. I sent them an email asking some more in depth questions, will post up when they reply tomorrow hopefully.

GTISurfer
08-16-2004, 01:03 AM
One of the guys from DTM autohaus had the V3's but I dont remember who. If you can afford the price of the V3's, they are an excelent choice.

KW/HPA's service is pretty good. They should have an email to you tomorrow, if not just give them a call.