Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Carl and his '04 BMW M3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeSixT
    nice write up bro
    start comin out to the meets again.
    Team ReNNeN for life
    2011 Audi B8 S4 Black / Magma Red Leather
    SOLD: 2004 BMW M3 Alpine White / Imola Red Leather

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Group 5 Motorsports Forum Vendor boostedM3's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Carl and his '04 BMW M3

Carl...your car looks even cleaner in person!!
    GOOD JOB.!

Images
    Thanks

it looks nice, indeed... i'd want more for performance than just mere looks though. although, the e46 M3 is already packing a punch... i'd turn up the heat a little with a supercharger kit from active autowerkes. with 500 ponies... ain't much that could stand in your way!

Thanks

Wow, back from the dead thread!!!!!!!!!

Active Autowerke is nice, but VF Engineering has a kit, very nice, very fast and reliable as Nik brings his cars into us at Crevier , not to mention I have a VF kit on one of my cars, quality is extremely high. Not to mention they are SoCal local.
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton
    2012 Cooper S hard top Lightning blue/Black roof
    2009 328i sport coupe, M3 steering wheel, DCT paddles, Magnaflow exhaust.

Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Wow, back from the dead thread!!!!!!!!!

Active Autowerke is nice, but VF Engineering has a kit, very nice, very fast and reliable as Nik brings his cars into us at Crevier , not to mention I have a VF kit on one of my cars, quality is extremely high. Not to mention they are SoCal local.
    yeah, i decide to bring it back out... nice ride, just lacking a little on performance mods... seems most of the modding was left for just the appearance of the car. i don't like the VF kits as much as Active's. AA kit's produce more power efficiently with the same reliability as say, Dinan. I will have to look further into VF though, just becuase they are local.

Thanks

Dinan's kit is over priced. VF's kit for your car, in stage 1 gets 350HP and almost 300 FTLBS of torque, uses a bullet proof Vortech charger and its $4500. Not bad

I have no experiance with the Rotex charger Active autowerkes uses, It would be interesting to see both of their dyno charts side by side to see the curves
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton

Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Dinan's kit is over priced. VF's kit for your car, in stage 1 gets 350HP and almost 300 FTLBS of torque, uses a bullet proof Vortech charger and its $4500. Not bad

I have no experiance with the Rotex charger Active autowerkes uses, It would be interesting to see both of their dyno charts side by side to see the curves
    Actually quite similiar... but then again it also varies per car,environment, and every dyno is different... but, it kinda gives you an idea. hmmm... Active is cheaper by only $500 but i am still going to look into VF... since it a lot closer than Florida.

VF Vortech @6.0psi

AA C38-Rotrex @7.0 psi

Thanks

oh you have a S50, my mistake, I might know of a brand new S52 crank for sale...................

Images
    Thanks

hmmm...

Thanks

A buddy of mine used to have an E36 M52 with the Dinan kit on it (we get deals on that stuff, only reason he bought it) with cams, and some other bit, stock E36 M3 exhaust, made 280 at the rear wheels, He bought a complete S52 that needed a rebuild, and a new crank, he ended up selling the car and still has the motor and crank.

Thanks

Thanks for the comments but the lack of mods to the engine was done so that I could keep the warranty. Maybe in the future .... maybe not.
    Team ReNNeN for life

Thanks

Yeah, that motor has its problems, Had any problems yet Carl? The S54 is way down in price because we replace so many, I think they are around $8K for a long block now, you either get the rod bearing spin or the sheared VANOS drive peg that catches in the timing chain, no good. (We had a kid at the old dealer I worked at, who did a valve adjustment, and didn't get the rocker retaining clip back on right, ugly)

They might not have a ton of power, but you won't find a car with RWD that feels better or has a better chassis than the M3, you can steer it in a corner with the gas pedal

Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReNNeN.CaRL View Post
    Thanks for the comments but the lack of mods to the engine was done so that I could keep the warranty. Maybe in the future .... maybe not.

Warranty? oh, that explains a lot. i was wondering why it was even a featured car. anybody can slap some spoilers, wheels, intake, and an exhuast on. with so much potential and the engine not even touched... kinda' like a virgin dressing all pretty and not putt'n out. hehehe...

in the future... hell, with the E90 M3 coming with a huge V-8 i wouldn't even waste my time with the E46... especially, if your E46 M3 is still under warranty.

either way, nice ride mann.

Thanks

mike,

Nope no problems at all.

iflyM3,

You are free to your opinion ofcourse. Everyone mods in different ways, I preferred to spend the first few thousands on the body not the engine.

As far as the feature, I do not know. I was asked to be a feature car and I accepted, I wasnt going to question whether the car deserved it or not.
    Team ReNNeN for life

Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReNNeN.CaRL View Post
    mike,

Nope no problems at all.

iflyM3,

You are free to your opinion of course. Everyone mods in different ways, I preferred to spend the first few thousands on the body not the engine.

As far as the feature, I do not know. I was asked to be a feature car and I accepted, I wasnt going to question whether the car deserved it or not.

that's cool no problems... i didn't even know that the S54 had any major issues. cool, now i do. learn something new everyday.

that's very true. i can see your view point, afterall you didn't want to violate the terms under warranty, i would have probably done the same in your shoes. the e46 m3 already packs quite the punch at 333hp... why not enhance something else? absolutely, and the change from the E36 to the E46 body is very different. i like the e36 body but the e46 comes across a little more agressive with the fenders and the whole appearance just looks more agressive. the E90 took some time for me to get used to, i am still not completely liking that change. hehehe. overall, as i have stated before it's still a nice ride. the whole warranty issue explains the lack of engine performance enhancments.

to each his own.

Thanks

alll i gotta say is Gah Deeym