Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

High Class Silver 4-door M3
    vrrrrrrrrrrrooooooom Administrator bugzy's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

High Class Silver 4-door M3

HIGH CLASS SILVER 4 DOOR M3

*click on photos to view larger imges

Words and Photos: Brad Harvey – daygoVR6, socaleuro.com

The BMW M3 has long been one of the most sought after European enthusiasts cars since it first came to the states in the early '80s. Most of them are seen as 2-door cars designed with the driver in mind while not many people give much thought to the 4-door version. When Adil Gashimov first came across his ’97 Artic Silver 4-door, it didn’t take long before it was sitting in his driveway. The three years he has had the car it has gone through changes that represent him, but still having plenty of style that goes along with owning a BMW. This particular M is one of 2 BMWs Adil has owned. After he bought the M3 he found an older E30 that he wanted to use as just a daily driver, but after a blown head gasket he decided to sell that car and start modding his E36.

The E36 chassis has seen many varations of tuneability over time depending on the owner and where they wanted to go with the car. Since this version is used widely as an auto-cross or track car, Adil opted for a complete H&R coil-over system to compliment his driving style. “I wanted the car to be able to handle the way it should be driven,” he tells me. The coil-overs have been matched with a set of UUC Sway-Barbarian oversized sway bars to give him that tight handling any enthusiast would be proud of. Adil also had an X-Brace installed along with a Benfer Carbon Fiber Strut bar courtesy of Benfer Performance in Temecula, California. Aiding with gripping the road, a full set of 18-inch BBS RG-R wheels wrapped in sticky Toyo Proxes rubber have been installed. “The hardest decision I’ve had to make was with these wheels, it took months before I finally decided what I really wanted,” Adil explains. “I didn’t just want another set of 'show rims' I was looking for something more performance oriented.”

The exterior modifications flow with the style that goes along with Adil's M3. Most noticeable is the addition of the color matched Rieger Infinity body kit with matching front and rear lip spoilers giving this car a look all its own. Aiding in the styling, a carbon fiber trunk lip off an E46 M3 was molded into the deck lid. European projection head lamps combined with corner markers, side markers and tail lamps compliment the rest of the body lines, along with the additions of the blacked out BMW emblems. Interior changes go right along with the look and feel of this 4-door with the installation of Corbeau racing seats mated with a set of Sparco 3-point harnesses to keep Adil in the driver's seat at all times. Adil also installed a MOMO Millenium 2 steering wheel to give the interior more of a racecar feel. The I.C.E. install keeps the music going through a Pioneer in dash touch screen DVD player, while sound is fed from MB Quart component speakers along with a JL Audio 12-inch subwoofer enclosed in a custom box. Everything is powered by a set of JL Audio 250 and 400 watt amplifiers combined with a 1 Farratt Capacitor to handle power spikes when Adil puts the volume knob to use. A Viper VX791 Pager alarm has been installed as well so that unwanted attention can be kept at bay.

The engine has received the same treatment as the rest of the car starting off with the addition the Benefer carbon fiber intake system and UUC Twin Silencer exhaust system. To help bring the revs up quicker a set of EVO sport pulleys were installed as well as Ignition Solutions Coils mated with NGK spark plugs. Transmission duties are handled from a swapped in automatic out of a '99 M3. Since gear selection is critical to getting the power to ground, Dinan Stage II transmission and engine software has been uploaded into the on-board computer system, allowing Adil to select and hold the car in gear at what ever any RPM range he prefers. The software basically gives him a clutch-less transmission, where he can select gears like a manual but doesn’t have to worry about a slipping clutch.

This 4-door M gives everyone a chance to see what it takes to be different and still keep the style and class that is associated with BMW enthusiasts. Adil has future plans for the car as he is looking to add a supercharger to the mix to really boost the fun along with the possibility of a roll cage. Either way this car still has the personality and style that makes the M3 so popular and keeps people coming back for more.

VEHICLE INFORMATION

Year – 1997 Make – BMW Model – M3

Owner – ADIL GASHIMOV

Location – SAN DIEGO

Occupation -COMPUTER TECH

Engine – 3.2 L naturally aspirated 6 cylinder

Engine Modifications - Evo Sport Pulleys, Ignition Solutions Coils, Benfer E46 carbon fiber cold air intake system, UUC Twin Silencer exhaust, Dinan Stage 2 engine software, Dinan Stage 2 transmission software, NGK Iridium spark plugs

Transmission -5 speed auto trans from 99 M3 with Dinan Stage 2 software

Suspension – H&R Race coil-overs, UUC Sway Barbarian sway bars, X-Brace, Benfer Carbon strut bar

Exterior / Body - 18 inch BBS RG-R Wheels with Toyo Proxes rubber, Rieger Infinity full body kit w/ front & rear splitters, Carbon fiber E46 trunk lip spoiler, Euro projector headlights, Euro OEM front corners lights, side marker lights & taillights, Black BMW emblems, Russian Front Plate

Interior -Momo Millenium 2 steering wheel, Corbeau racing seats, Sparco 3 point seatbelts, Pioneer in dash touch screen DVD unit, MB Quart component speakers, JL 250w & 400w Amps, JL 12 inch subwoofer w/ Bavarian Auto Custom enclosure, 1 Farrat Capacitor, Viper VX791 Pager Alarm

Quick shout outs, thanks to, quick plug – Group 5 Motorsports, Dan and Josh at Benfer Performance, and to all my friends that took part in helping me mod and maintain the car.

WANT TO SEE MORE PHOTOS....CLICK HERE

.: GONE 2000 BMW M5 :: Me - 2013 Jetta GLI - 2000 Jetta 1.8t :: Wife- 2009 VW GTI :: Dad - 2002 VW JTI 337 :.
    Gone:: 1999 VW GTI VR6 :: 2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t :: 1989 VW GTI 16v :: 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon :: 1979 VW Rabbit

Click here to become a Forum supporter. || .: WheelIndustry.com || Buy SoCalEuro decals here ||

Van Wilder: You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Thanks
    nice write up! congrats on the feature adil.
    Team ReNNeN for life
    2011 Audi B8 S4 Black / Magma Red Leather
    SOLD: 2004 BMW M3 Alpine White / Imola Red Leather

Images
    Thanks
    Wow Adil! Congrats! I wonder how you keep your paint looking so new?! Do you have a proffesional detailer come to your house and wash it all the time? hahahaj.p.
    Lookin good as always.
    B

SoCalEuro Member Forum Supporter 1stKnight's Avatar
    Thanks

КРАСИВОЯ МАШИНА...

ПОЗДРАВЛЕНИЕ АДИЛ!!!...

МОЯ МАШИНА

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stKnight
    ПОЗДРАВЛЕНИЕ АДИЛ!!!...

МОЯ МАШИНА

^ What he said

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stKnight
    ПОЗДРАВЛЕНИЕ АДИЛ!!!...

МОЯ МАШИНА
    omg david
    Team ReNNeN for life

Images
    Thanks
    he said...
    "Congradulations Adil"

then it says "my machine"
    (free translation brought to you by Boris)

Thanks
    Da!
    Team ReNNeN for life

SoCalEuro Member Forum Supporter 1stKnight's Avatar
    Thanks

ce faceti carl

Hey Carl, if you wanna know why all the Russian. My Wife is from Moldova. Its a small former Soviet State next to Romania. She speaks 3 Euro languages Russian, French & Romanian. So that is why I have some knowledge of there language. OMG, my 1-1/2 year old daughter will have to be tri-lingual, Romainian, Russian & English. Oops, forgot the Tagalog. The little one is real Eurasian....I will post her cute pics sometime...

Well gotta go, the wife just called and I am here still at the office burning the midnight oil for meeting tomorrow....

LA REVEDERE & PE CURIND....(in romainian)

Thanks
    whoa congrats on the writeup.

Thanks
    Congrats Adil! Your car is Awsome! Good job!
    Vast stage 3 E85
    2001 Nogaro S4 Pj K04 22 psi - Meth injection - Er Intercoolers - DMH exhaust cutouts - Kevlar clutch - No cats - H&R coilovers - Toyota gas pedal
    OLD: E46 BMW M3 laguna seca blue

SoCalEuro Member Forum Supporter 318daily's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Nice M3/4.

Nice writeup.

2003 ///Alpine White Dinan M5

SoCalEuro Member Forum Supporter xlloydx's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Re: High Class Silver 4-door M3

Car looks great

Thanks

wow! nice e36

n00b
    Thanks

Looking good.
    06 CLS55 040/black w/030 Package
    06 E55 040/black - Track Car
    07 E350 Sport - DD
    08 C350 Sport - DD2

Images
    Thanks

it's o'kay. not much for performance enhancements... but a whole lotta' looks.
    have to love the way it looks, so clean. very nice.