Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Eve-Online

Thread: Eve-Online

Thanks

Eve-Online

I looked through the threads to see if perhaps there was one already posted but didn't see anything. I was wondering if anyone on here has an account for Eve-online. I am a pretty regular player and would like to see who else plays too.

Jesse

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Devil's Advocate Moderator paultakeda's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Eve-Online

And did you lose "money" in the recent banking scandal?

Thanks

Not that I'm aware of. I am charged my monthly fee and it hasn't changed the couple of months I have been playing. I'm not sure what scandal you are refering to.

Jesse

Devil's Advocate Moderator paultakeda's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm surprised you don't know about this, even if EVE Online is perhaps the largest gaming world in virtual square footage. The EVE Intergalactic Bank banking scandal netted the CEO around 700 billion ISK, and will probably be seen as a landmark point in MMORPG history in the evolution of a gaming economy that may come to affect the real world economy, and the application of real-world judicial systems in game-world crime. Right now it's all just philosophical pondering -- but what happens later, well now, that's what'll be really interesting.

While I do love the concept I can't invest that much time in a MMORPG like EVE. You really get to love it if you spend a lot of time in-game, and I'm just not willing to spend that much time. I have far more fun as a casual gamer with multiple alts on something like City of Heroes/Villains, even more fun than the hell that was Counter-Strike.

Thanks

I heard something about it but didn't know the details. I have spent quite a bit of time in the game so I really do enjoy the game play. PVP is probably the most enjoyable espicially in a big fleet battle.

Jesse