Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate Ford

Thanks

I hate Ford

Just a thought that came to mind on the thread of the new Ford GT 500. Ok, first of all, ITS A FORD! ok, now that that is out of the way, It would never keep up with the CGT that it was doing the ricer fly by (that was really cool by the way ) and even if it did, it would never keep with it through anything but a straightway. Ok, there are lots of cars, in the same class, that are less that 1/5 of the cost, and beat it everytime, (Z06, Viper to name a few) and those are naturally aspirated! common, what company in thier right minds, has a V8 that they brag about (Suckstang GT and the MustSuck Cobra), If I remember right, it is a 4.6L! they couldn't even keep the 5.0, let alone thier real roots with the 351! I have never liked for, but i mean really, who makes a V8 Supercharged with only 385hp! I love it when I am driving my Chevy, and some punk in a Cobra thinks he's all cool, then i beat the crap out of him with my N/A Small block. (just wait for the twin turbo setup coming!). I raced a Cobra in my GTI and got whooped, but lates face it, 385hp vs. 210, I didn't expect much less. But really, I would never brag if I had a supercharged V8, and it had less than 400hp. If I supercharged my V8, I would be looking at AT LEAST 800, and twin turbo (plans in the making) I could be making over 1000HP! Honestly, my friend has a cobra, and he has put over $7000 in his motor, and new supercharger, and all kinds of stuff, and still only has 550. Not to mention it is fuel injected, that should be alot easier to get power out of than my carbed 355 that only is 650CFM, and his throttle body on his I think goes up to 1100CFM, granted he is not using all of that, at least I hope not, because the effeciancy on that would really SUCK. Ok, I think I am done for now, just expressing my hatred for ford, especially the Suckstang, because it Mustsuck. Sorry for the ranting, I am probably going to get alot of hatemail for it, but oh well, a bunch of Euro people shouldnt like ford to begin with. Ok, I really am done, Later.
    2003 GTI 20th AE Imola Yellow #0799. Only a AEM CAI and APR. Oh, that little guy, you don't worry bout that little guy ;)
    602-312-7204 Cell
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/402082048.png

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Thanks

Re: I hate Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Spyders03
    Just a thought that came to mind on the thread of the new Ford GT 500. Ok, first of all, ITS A FORD! ok, now that that is out of the way, It would never keep up with the CGT that it was doing the ricer fly by (that was really cool by the way ) and even if it did, it would never keep with it through anything but a straightway. Ok, there are lots of cars, in the same class, that are less that 1/5 of the cost, and beat it everytime, (Z06, Viper to name a few) and those are naturally aspirated! common, what company in thier right minds, has a V8 that they brag about (Suckstang GT and the MustSuck Cobra), If I remember right, it is a 4.6L! they couldn't even keep the 5.0, let alone thier real roots with the 351! I have never liked for, but i mean really, who makes a V8 Supercharged with only 385hp! I love it when I am driving my Chevy, and some punk in a Cobra thinks he's all cool, then i beat the crap out of him with my N/A Small block. (just wait for the twin turbo setup coming!). I raced a Cobra in my GTI and got whooped, but lates face it, 385hp vs. 210, I didn't expect much less. But really, I would never brag if I had a supercharged V8, and it had less than 400hp. If I supercharged my V8, I would be looking at AT LEAST 800, and twin turbo (plans in the making) I could be making over 1000HP! Honestly, my friend has a cobra, and he has put over $7000 in his motor, and new supercharger, and all kinds of stuff, and still only has 550. Not to mention it is fuel injected, that should be alot easier to get power out of than my carbed 355 that only is 650CFM, and his throttle body on his I think goes up to 1100CFM, granted he is not using all of that, at least I hope not, because the effeciancy on that would really SUCK. Ok, I think I am done for now, just expressing my hatred for ford, especially the Suckstang, because it Mustsuck. Sorry for the ranting, I am probably going to get alot of hatemail for it, but oh well, a bunch of Euro people shouldnt like ford to begin with. Ok, I really am done, Later.
    ?????????
    You might be in the wrong forum.
    This is not www.Streetfire.net

Mongo Meat Gazer Forum Supporter gest24's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks

Tell us how you realy feel. lol I agree, putting something like the CGT in a comercial with something thats not even close to being an exotic was kinda stupid. A better cameo in the comercial would've been the viper or Z06.

But think back a couple months when Subaru put out the whole "STi is better than the GTi". Again, one car company, this time the faster of the two, compares their car to something not even close to the same class. I love both companies and their products. But comparing a 200HP FWD car to a 300HP AWD car isn't even close.

Images
    Thanks

Before he gets flamed...

I should mention that Spyders roots are in old school domestic muscle cars.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Images
    Thanks

You know it does totally depend on the motor you have in that mustang. If you try dumping money into the modular 4.6 all you will ever be able to do is dump money into it because it can't handle much more than what it comes with. But that is about all I know on the subject. I don't like Fords much other than Mustangs. How I ended up with an Explorer I dunno.

However, good rant. point taken.
    Wherever life takes me...
    LifeByDamien.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytolo
    You know it does totally depend on the motor you have in that mustang. If you try dumping money into the modular 4.6 all you will ever be able to do is dump money into it because it can't handle much more than what it comes with. But that is about all I know on the subject. I don't like Fords much other than Mustangs. How I ended up with an Explorer I dunno.

However, good rant. point taken.
    "There is no replacement for displacement"

Sorry for the rant guys, probably is in the wrong forum. Oh well, it is in the car lounge ,and yeah, my roots do lie with old muscle cars, but for the cars of today, you can not beat a euro. Today's american cars pretty much suck IMO, asain cars have always sucked IMO, Euros have always been there to hold the standard.
    2003 GTI 20th AE Imola Yellow #0799. Only a AEM CAI and APR. Oh, that little guy, you don't worry bout that little guy ;)
    602-312-7204 Cell

Save the Boobies!!!!! Moderator Tom's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks

Interesting rant.

Northwestern Ambassador Administrator madajb's Avatar
    Thanks

Ford is probably indifferent to you.

-ajb

Save the Boobies!!!!! Moderator Tom's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madajb
    Ford is probably indifferent to you.

-ajb
    Unpossible. They care, they really do. I'm sure some Ford exec is wringing his hands over this post at this very moment.

Thanks

I probably would never buy a Mustang, but I do like the way they look. I guess they have that nostalgic look/feel to them. The only other Ford I would buy is the F-150.

Thanks

I'm with you 100%, though the car you are thinking of is the Ford GT for obscene $$$, not the Shelby GT 500. Bang for buck, you can't beat the Z06 right now. $80k fully loaded and you will smoke a large majority of performance cars, and the ones you dont will cost at least 150% of what you paid.

Also, Mopar > Chevy (talking old school here)

Thanks

to ford
    "cheese and crackers!"

SoCalEuro Member Forum Supporter v2rocket's Avatar
    Thanks

to ford dont even buy one of those stangs

to pontiac and the new GTO 6.0 litre 400 hp and 400 ftlbs of torque all from an N/A engine, take a lesson here ford

just to compare apples to apples, not apples to euro's
    BEAT ANY TICKET!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JETTAone420 View Post
    HERE YEE HERE YEE!!!

THE GREAT V2ROCKET HAS ARIVED!!!
    MAKE WAY YOU PEASANTS! FOR HIS SIG HOLDS THE KEY TO BEAT ANY TICKET!!

trust me i know! ive won 3 of 4 traffic violatoins!!
    and justins already won 2 of them....
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm1983 View Post
    What kinda wheels them is?
    current: 2002 1.8T GTI 337

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Remus6
    I probably would never buy a Mustang, but I do like the way they look. I guess they have that nostalgic look/feel to them. The only other Ford I would buy is the F-150.
    I do have to admit, I do like the way the new ones look and as well as the new mopars, they do look alot better than they have in the recent past. Mopar has always had thier stuff together. I can not wait for the new camaros to come out, even though I can't afford them.. I guess that is the nice thing about suckstangs, they cost less, but you get what you pay for though i guess.

And yes, I am sure that ford hates me as well. Not my fault that my N/A small block (4spd. automatic) beats thier $5000 supercharged small block (6spd. manual)
    602-312-7204 Cell

Images
    Thanks

Ah crap, bringin out the old school. Did you know that back in '64, Pontiac set the muscle car trend with their GTO? Hmmm... some food for thought. lol
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

SoCalEuro Member Forum Supporter v2rocket's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slowjet
    Ah crap, bringin out the old school. Did you know that back in '64, Pontiac set the muscle car trend with their GTO? Hmmm... some food for thought. lol
    pontiac gto ftw!
    BEAT ANY TICKET!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JETTAone420 View Post
    HERE YEE HERE YEE!!!

THE GREAT V2ROCKET HAS ARIVED!!!
    MAKE WAY YOU PEASANTS! FOR HIS SIG HOLDS THE KEY TO BEAT ANY TICKET!!

trust me i know! ive won 3 of 4 traffic violatoins!!
    and justins already won 2 of them....
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm1983 View Post
    What kinda wheels them is?
    current: 2002 1.8T GTI 337

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by v2rocket
    to ford dont even buy one of those stangs

to pontiac and the new GTO 6.0 litre 400 hp and 400 ftlbs of torque all from an N/A engine, take a lesson here ford

just to compare apples to apples, not apples to euro's
    My NA Mustang GT with an intake beat a 6.0l GTO... And my car looks betterthan a GTO. The GTO looks like EVERY Pontiac product for the past 12 years.

You are correct, there are other cars that are faster than the GT500... But the fact is, it's still a Shelby. Thats part of the reason why there is so much hype. It's a remake of an all American car. And it's a 5.4l dipshit not a 4.6l. Besides, the MSRP is only $41k. I understand that you all are very bias, but my car is damn fast, and for the most part will beat most of the cars on THIS forum. The GT500 has 200HP more than my car-and I guarantee is worth every penny of it's MSRP... The $16-25k markup is retarded though... Also, this car WILL hold value and will be a collectors item....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ncttrnl
    Before he gets flamed...

I should mention that Spyders roots are in old school domestic muscle cars.
    Doesn't mean he knows his ass from a hole in the ground...

Images
    Thanks

uh oh.... i see a world of a hurtin' be comin'
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

my car is damn fast, and for the most part will beat most of the cars on THIS forum.
    until Turn 1.