Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Should we be in Iraq?

View Poll Results: Should we be in Iraq?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

35 37.23%
  • No

52 55.32%
  • Don't care/no opinion

7 7.45%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    vrrrrrrrrrrrooooooom Administrator bugzy's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Should we be in Iraq?

Should we be in Iraq?
    .: GONE 2000 BMW M5 :: Me - 2013 Jetta GLI - 2000 Jetta 1.8t :: Wife- 2009 VW GTI :: Dad - 2002 VW JTI 337 :.
    Gone:: 1999 VW GTI VR6 :: 2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t :: 1989 VW GTI 16v :: 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon :: 1979 VW Rabbit

Click here to become a Forum supporter. || .: WheelIndustry.com || Buy SoCalEuro decals here ||

Van Wilder: You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Images
    Thanks
    Very interesting...

Images
    Thanks
    Heeeeeeeeeellllllllll nooo!!! Not only "terrorists" hate us, but the surrounding folks as well. Going to these folks back yards and breaking their toys cuz they looked at us wrong and told us off is really startin to get old.
    "The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    Never did. Never will. The arrogance of this administration leading up to the rush to invade was astounding:
    "I believe demolishing Husseins military power, and
    liberating Iraq would be a cakewalk" Defense Policy
    board member Ken Adelman, 2/13/02.

"Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein
    now has weapons of mass destruction" Vice President
    Dick Cheney, 8/26/02

"We do know that Saddam is actively pursuing a nuclear
    weapon" National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice,
    9/10/02

"It is not knowable how long that conflict would last.
    It could last, you know, six days, six weeks. I doubt
    six months" Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld,
    2/7/03

"My belief is we will be greeted as liberators."
    --Cheney, 3/16/03

"We're dealing with a country that can really finance
    it's own reconstruction, and relatively soon" Deputy
    Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz, 3/27/03

"We know where (the weapons) are. They're in the area
    around Tikrit and Baghdad and East, West, North, and
    South somewhat." --Rumsfeld, 3/30/03

"Iraq will not require sustained aid." O.M.B. Director
    Mitch Daniels, 3/28/03

"Major combat operations have ended." President George
    W. Bush, 5/1/03.

"A year from now I'd be surprised if there's not some
    grand square in Baghdad that is named after President
    Bush." Former Pentagon Advisor Richard Perle, 9/22/03.
    Oh and since this will get heated- save all the Michael Moore crap that's so popular with certain members here.

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slowjet
    Heeeeeeeeeellllllllll nooo!!! Not only "terrorists" hate us, but the surrounding folks as well. Going to these folks back yards and breaking their toys cuz they looked at us wrong and told us off is really startin to get old.

if cutting someones head off and killing innocent bystander with car bombs is what you consider looking at us wrong, then you have other issues you need to deal with

Thanks
    I think the reasons we went into Iraq were unfounded, but now that we're there leaving it be would be irresposible. We are now forced to stick with it in order to secure the nation.

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal_GLI
    if cutting someones head off and killing innocent bystander with car bombs is what you consider looking at us wrong, then you have other issues you need to deal with

You obviously know nothing of what goes on there rather than what you see on TV. So dont even open your mouth. I wuz refering to what started this whole freakin endless endeavor.
    "The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson

I Race Anything! Moderator Monster8V's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_wrong
    Oh and since this will get heated- save all the Michael Moore crap that's so popular with certain members here.

if certain other members could actually post factually and not quoting Michale Moore's klan, then they wouldnt keep throwing it back in your face all day long.

Reminder to self, this is a blue state with a bunch of fucked up people who do not represent the main stream. Ahh, thats better.
    Shawn Meze
    02' Beetle Turbo "S" 84' Scirocco 8V (Street) 80' Scirocco "S" (Track) 99' F250 (To Tow with)
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

I Race Anything! Moderator Monster8V's Avatar
    Thanks
    You obviously know nothing of what goes on there rather than what you see on TV. So dont even open your mouth. I wuz refering to what started this whole freakin endless endeavor.

Straight up STFU.
    SocalGLi was over there already. I trhink he might have a clue. Show some respect.
    Shawn Meze
    02' Beetle Turbo "S" 84' Scirocco 8V (Street) 80' Scirocco "S" (Track) 99' F250 (To Tow with)
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster8V
    Straight up STFU.
    SocalGLi was over there already. I trhink he might have a clue. Show some respect.
    Another one who obviously does not know me. And where is exactly over there? For all im concerned, he was probably "in the rear with the gear." When you fight and work beside Ta** Fo*** ** in Baghdad International airport, i think i know what im talking about. Be careful on who you try to criticise next time.
    Last edited by slowjet; 11-11-2004 at 10:43 PM.
    - Thomas Jefferson

SoCalEuro n00b
    Thanks
    ummm... didn't they start cutting off heads and car-bombing AFTER we went into their backyard and broke their toys? On a side note, Bush was talking about how we should support the US troops in Iraq fighting off the terrorists... his veterans day speech... anyway, I didn't know there were terrorists in Iraq. I thought those were people who just got pissed off that some big bully came into their country and was trying to do something about it. Iono, that's just what I think. And I agree that it's impossible to pull out of Iraq now that we've gone in and stirred things up. But I don't agree with HOW the administration is going about trying to establish some sort of government. And barely over 50% is hardly mainstream. Damn republicans have to stop talking about a mandate.

interesting video clip:
    http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~eminh3m/bush.wmv

Images
    Thanks

you obviously have no idea who i am, cause if you did, you'd know that i have been there twice, and want to go back so i can help my fellow marines

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01 JTI
    ummm... didn't they start cutting off heads and car-bombing AFTER we went into their backyard and broke their toys? On a side note, Bush was talking about how we should support the US troops in Iraq fighting off the terrorists... his veterans day speech... anyway, I didn't know there were terrorists in Iraq. I thought those were people who just got pissed off that some big bully came into their country and was trying to do something about it. Iono, that's just what I think. And I agree that it's impossible to pull out of Iraq now that we've gone in and stirred things up. But I don't agree with HOW the administration is going about trying to establish some sort of government. And barely over 50% is hardly mainstream. Damn republicans have to stop talking about a mandate.

interesting video clip:
    http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~eminh3m/bush.wmv

ummm....car bombings have been an ongoing problem since the mid 70's....

Save the Boobies!!!!! Moderator Tom's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Everyone back off the personal attacks a little bit. Each person on this board has a different opinon, viewpoint and perspective. Each individual has their own unique experiences that help to form their opinions. We need to respect that. A disagreement between two viewpoints does not mean one is 'stupid'. If you want to post something that is contrary to someone else's statement, do it in a manner that does include personal insults or attacks.

Obviously, the Iraq topic is a heated one. From the beginning, I thought we should have gone in and nothing has changed my mind about that. Much of my opinion is based on the strategic significance of Iraq in the current and future Middle East conflicts, and Iraq's continued threat to Middle East stability which significantly threatened the global oil supply. The WMD issue (when we find them) is icing on the cake, nothing more.

Images
    Thanks
    you obviously have no idea who i am, cause if you did, you'd know that i have been there twice, and want to go back so i can help my fellow marines

Then you know what im talking about. So quit being such an asshole. BTW, props goes to the Army for the mojarity of the ass kicking up front and personal with these Iraqi folks. Then again, we are all a freakin team and need each other.

EDIT: Props goes to them folks that entered the Airport right after the bombings in 03'. I would never hesitate to help out a fellow marine, soldier, airmen, or seaman out there right now.
    Last edited by slowjet; 11-11-2004 at 11:13 PM.
    - Thomas Jefferson

SoCalEuro n00b
    Thanks
    ummm....car bombings have been an ongoing problem since the mid 70's....
    ... so why didn't we go into iraq in the mid 70's? And what about the cutting off heads... has that been going on since the mid 70's? I'm not trying to be a smartass. I really want to know.

Save the Boobies!!!!! Moderator Tom's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01 JTI
    ummm... didn't they start cutting off heads and car-bombing AFTER we went into their backyard and broke their toys?
    Car bombings and beheadings have been a staple of Islamic fundamentelist terrorists for some time, long before this current conflict. Beirut, Khobar Towers, the first attack on the World Trade Center, the North African Embassies just to name a few.

I didn't know there were terrorists in Iraq.
    Al-Zarqawi is a Jordanian who's group has proclaimed it's allegiance to Al Qaeda and Bin Laden. His group based it's operations in Fallujah and is reponsible for most, if not all, of the hostage beheadings. Before the invasion, Hussein was a outspoken supporter of terrorism, going so far as to pay the surviving families of suicide bombers. The terrorist wanted for masterminding the Achille Lauro hijacking, Abu Abbas, was captured in Baghdad in April 2003 by U.S troops. He had been given free passage to live in Iraq by Saddam Hussein.

Images
    Thanks
    Then you know what im talking about. So quit being such an asshole. BTW, props goes to the Army for the mojarity of the ass kicking.

exactly how am i being an asshole?

you made some comments and i retorted, i know more about what is and has been going on than 9/10's of the people on this board.

and honestly how can you say the army is doing the majority of the ass kicking? everytime i turn on the news and see the battle in falluja all i see is Marines doing the building sweeps (those digital cammies you keep seeing on the news are strictly a Marine uniform)

Images
    Thanks
    I edited my post. One team, one fight. We all in this shit together. BTW, what you see on TV is totally not what you see on the field, or at least i didn't see many marines when i was there April of '03.
    - Thomas Jefferson

SoCalEuro n00b
    Thanks
    people talking about politics is like 2 brick walls yelling at each other... kind of like talking about religion.