Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Baja Bug

Thread: Baja Bug

Thanks

Baja Bug

I have an old bug in my garage, Its currently slated to get turned into a 10 second street car. But I got to thinking, I don't need something like that, it will get me in trouble and bugs are squirrelly in the 1/4 mile, so I may go this route, paint it sand camo and have a fun desert car. This is close to what the end objective would look like, I found this one for sale on "The Samba" in Murrieta for $8500, not bad, I already have the solid base car. It will give a 4WD a run for its money, and sometimes better since they are so small and weigh only 1500 lbs, with the exception of deep snow or mud.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=508166
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton
    2012 Cooper S hard top Lightning blue/Black roof
    2009 328i sport coupe, M3 steering wheel, DCT paddles, Magnaflow exhaust.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Thanks

Re: Baja Bug

Hey, what about building a Wombat. I was seriously considering this when I saw it.

http://www.wombatcar.com/index.html
    2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
    ===================================
    74' Lemans GT Sport Coupe (Sold)
    09' Polar White xB (Totaled)
    06' Polar White Xb (Totaled)
    03' Silverstone Grey Gti (Sold)
    68' VW Beetle (Sold)

Thanks

At least they built it right and put IRS on it.
    1980 Vespa P200E
    2005 Subaru WRX Sportwagon

Thanks

problem with things that are open is mud and water get all over you real easy, plus, in a roll over, your kinda out in the open.
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton

Thanks

do it!

I wish my Jeep were a Baja Bug!
    Ladies, Check out my glorious beacon of light!

Thanks

You still have your Jeep Brad? I already have an IRS chassis, I would just have to add the 3X3 arms (3 inches up, three inches out) with 930 CV's so I wouldn't have to fabricate anything suspension wise besides tying the rear torsion tube into the cage. A wide beam in the front with the right parts and the sucker should get 14" of travel.

Body is a little rusty, mostly surface, but the pans are junk, I would put in new ones, just for structural integrity, but not put paint on it since its going to get all scratched up in the dunes. I would just primer it sand camo style

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

Wombats are cool, my friend has a Baja.

x2 fr the Wombat/Hummbug though! They are worth a shit load when done, seen em sell for $25,000+... Not sure why. Pretty sums up to whether you want the typical Baja Look or not, some of the extra options are pretty cool, like the doors.

Kits start around $6,000 + $800-$2000 depending on where y'at... But the place is in Washington, shouldn't be more than $1,000.

You Supply: Running VW Bug Chassis (including engine, tranny, etc.), Tires & Wheels, Early Style Fuel Tank, Interior, Seats, Windshield Glass, Wiper Motors & Wipers, Mirrors, Paint, Headlight Bulbs, Battery Tray & Holddowns and Assembly Labor.

Tad bit plain interior though. But who cares, all you need is the radio for some tunes, and the main controls!

Cars are a form of transportation... Volkswagen is a way of life.

Thanks

heres my baby

turbo
    methanol injected
    over 225 hp
    VW bus engine
    4sp manual
    5 seater

i ususally go out to Glamis, Stoddard (by Victorville), Ocotillo Wells and Pismo Beach

It was street legal in AZ (where we baught it) but its no longer street legal....soo damn loud!!!

"Stock" AlpineWeiss E36 M3

Thanks

Nice, looks like fun. I keep going back and forth between 10 sec 1/4 miler or a baja, I ahve confict issues

Thanks

I say 1/4 mile car Mike.
    1980 Vespa P200E
    2005 Subaru WRX Sportwagon

Thanks

I could get it in the low 10's and still have it street legal/drivable with all its lights and such. My buddies will click off a high 9 and its street capable, its running a 2332 with a hybrid turbo, demon carb and runs C16 at 32 lbs of boost. car is nuts. Drag day is coming on the 16th, I should start a thread!