Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Owning a real firearm (handgun) at the age of 18 in CA?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

Owning a real firearm (handgun) at the age of 18 in CA?

EDIT: Just nvm... This crap is bullshit and all this crime shit... Plus, shooting someone who breaks into your house in CA is apparently just as bad as walking up to a random person and shooting them.

Cars are a form of transportation... Volkswagen is a way of life.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Images
    Thanks

Re: Owning a real firearm (handgun) at the age of 18 in CA?

Either way you have to be 18 for a rifle or shotgun . . . 21 for a handgun
    Some people live their entire lifetime and wonder if they ever made a difference to the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -- Ronald Reagan January 1995

Secret To Seeing What Forum Supporters See?? >>Click Here<<

http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/attac...achmentid=3373

Thanks

Well, you can't own a handgun unless you are 21, you can own a shotgun, which works alright for home defense, better then nothing, but if thats your intent, you need to take a tactile shotgun course, they are around $125 for the day plus about 200 rounds of ammo so you know what you are doing with it, that long barrel gives someone something to grab a hold of in close quarters.

Personally I keep my trusty 1911 loaded with Federal Hydrashoks in the nightstand for home defense.

Yes if you shoot someone in your house you are in trouble, best be a good shot if you know what I mean, dead men tell no tales, god forbid, tell the officers you've done nothing wrong and you would like to talk to a lawyer, you WILL be arrested and charged with murder. After meeting with your attorney and the DA and you inform them that you told the guy you were armed and to stay put while you call the police, he advanced on you, you retreated but feared for your life after he came after you, you were left with no choice, the charges will most likely be dropped and you will be released. This is a terrible thing to have to think about and for a lack of better terms "plan" out, but in this state, it is best to be prepared since you are treated as a criminal for defending your family and home, and you will most likely get sued by the person you shot, or if you took the advise, his next of kin. I'm sure we have a few others that can input on this.
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton
    2012 Cooper S hard top Lightning blue/Black roof
    2009 328i sport coupe, M3 steering wheel, DCT paddles, Magnaflow exhaust.

Images
    Thanks

You could always hunt down his next of kin and just kill the family tree!!!
    Some people live their entire lifetime and wonder if they ever made a difference to the world. Marines don't have that problem.

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

Yeah.. after what happened last night, nothing extreme, but it could possibly become something bad... I'm tired of living in this fear that something can always happen at any given time... Total bullshit to have to live like this.

Thanks

maybe you should elaborate a little more on your situation
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton

Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rento_VW View Post
    Yeah.. after what happened last night, nothing extreme, but it could possibly become something bad... I'm tired of living in this fear that something can always happen at any given time... Total bullshit to have to live like this.
    Paranoia is never a good reason to buy a gun!

Thanks

Yeah please eloborate. Though I live in a great neighborhood with no crime, I am a freak about home and personal security. I have an over the top security system and a pistol by my bed. I'm also thinking about motion activated video cameras.

Devil's Advocate Moderator paultakeda's Avatar
    Thanks

I must live in a completely different reality, because home invasions with an assailant threatening my life are quite rare. Burglary, robbery, sure. But most such folk have no intent to kill or harm, and I'd rather let them go ahead then collect on the insurance than introduce a kill or be killed scenario that can only end badly for everyone. Seeing as the only time I've been burgled (not robbed) at home was in New Haven, a far more dangerous neighborhood than where I live presently, even that situation goes into the quite rare category.

Images
    Thanks

I got my wife a tazer . . . the laws aren't nearly as harsh, plus you won't kill anyone on purpose.

And it' fun to take the cartridge out and zap your friends!!

Ohh . . . and they make Leopard Print!!!

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

A tazer gun would be nice...

As for last night... Fine, i'll elaborate... Let's go back a few days beforehand. Also, I will use the term African-American a bit, so just bare with me and note that i'm not being racist in anyway.

My mom has seen a few cars sitting in-front of the house for long periods of times over the past few days. Just one single car or an suv sitting out front. And she's said there would be a few African-Americans sitting in there... Just sitting in the truck/car...

Well... a few days ago, she was coming home and there was an SUV parked across the street that was packed with a bunch of african-americans and she was dumb enough to proceed to pull into the driveway, open the garage, and park inside... With the 300C... 300C's attract people, it's no doubt. Not to mention the Cadillac that sits next to it... On-top of that, the house's appearance isn't very plain per-se.

Anywho... Last night, I was detailing my Corrado and I hear a group of african-americans walking from the wal-mart behind my house and stop on the corner, no problem I guess... Until an SUV pulls up and like 4-5 people get out... Now i'm kinda of weary of the situation so I just slowly detail the back bumper over and over to stay at the entrance of the garage. Than another car pulls up, this time 3-4 people get out.

So now I have about 15-20 people in-front of my house all in white shirts and blue baggy pants. So I say fuck this and act like i'm done and close the garage... By now my mom is freaked to hell and wants to call the cops.

Now, if she would have called the cops, that group out there would have easily figured out it was us and perhaps come back another time and do far more than loiter...

Now this is where it gets weird... 30 mins pass by and they are still out front.. But this time organized in groups... However there are less now, 6. 2 were leaning against my neighbors wall just staring over at out house, 2 were walking up and down the street, and 2 more were standing at the corner... It was as if 4 were being look-outs and 2 were planning on something.

Now after about another 30 mins or so, they left. Probably because they saw the full garage and knew there were people home? I don't know... But tonight is where we'll see if there's a real problem.

Thanks

sounds shady as hell, not familiar with Hemet, do you have any gang problems???? You aren't going to be able to keep a situation under control with a pool cue or a bat with 15 people, unless your Jet Li, even with a handgun its dicey, for something like that, you need crowd control in the form of an AK47 or AR15, much more imposing, but try keeping that in the night stand. Still, the best home defense weapon as a first line of defense is a large dog.

If you call the cops, unless they are actually doing something wrong, the police will do nothing, however, who calls them is kept secret. It could be anyone on your street.

As far as living in a safe neighborhood, crime, violent or otherwise, can happen anywhere, I would rather err on the side of my own personal safety and be in control of a situation, I wouldn't risk my life for a hunch they are just there for my expensive stuff. My uncle use to live in Venice, his place was broken into and cleaned out, its safer then it use to be, but not that much. In a situation like that when seconds matter, police are only a few minuets away..............

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

Shady as hell? dude.. It's more than shady, shit is whack... If they are doing what my dad is speculating and that theya re looking out to see what times we leave and get home. Something is going down...

I can ambush from many areas in my house, taking out 10 would be no prob.. more than that and we got a damned crisis on our hands.

But yeah... In-terms of violence/crime... My friend was mugged the night before, got away with his wallet which had his DL and SS card... luckily he had his credit card out of the wallet and in his pocket... They also stole his MP3 player. These muggings/thievery accounts have been very rampant this past week...

It's the fucking economy's fault... People out here are stealing gas left and right.

Hemet isn't a very financially adept city, and there's a line like Detriot has with 8-mile separating the areas where low-income families run and more middle class families run. But there's also an abundance of mixed income families in the area. Also, the illegal drug problem is also another factor since a lot of that shit is made within the southern Riverside county region, Hemet, San Jacinto, and winchester being up there, all three bordering each other...

I also wonder how the city/state would charge me if I took out a group of people breaking into the house, god forbid...

Thanks

You can call the police in advance, tell them whats going on, have them step up patrol in your neighborhood, you have a safe? Think about getting an alarm system, extra locks on the windows and doors too. Most people who break into a house are usually 1-2 maybe 3 people.

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

Yeah.. my line of houses, we're ALWAYS calling the cops.. They've grown to believe it's a problem, they just don't want to do anything. For the past 6, going on 7 years we've lived here we've called the cops about a few hundreds times... that's more than once a month.

Hemet PD is too lazy to have a patrol for a circulcar block of houses, so it's not a probability for them to have a patrol around here... Considering there's a Wal-Mart RIGHT behind my house... they really should have patrols out here hourly at night. But it ain't working. We've even tried to organize a neighborhood watch, but that didn't even work and fell through.

We have a safe.. not big enough... When I think safe, I think of those beautiful gun safes... Now that would be nice..

Thanks

I have 1,000watt
    stun gun in my car and have it on me when I get out.

Tested it and that shit will surprise anyone that's not on drugs!

I've been robbed at gun point and yeah, you think
    about if you had a gun, there would be many opportunitys
    to take it out and shoot that person in the face.

But that's not legal. Might be in your right, but then you'll get arrested for murder
    and wait your trail in jail or pay up the ass to get out.

SoCalEuro Member
    Images
    Thanks

Forget the shotgun or handgun, get one of these.

“Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez moi pancakes! Click click bloody click pancakes!” - Stewie Griffin
    "A man may die, a nation may fall, but an idea lives on." - JFK

Yeah bite me Administrator
    Images
    Thanks

The correct answer in any self defense shooting, is this.

"I fired because I felt my life was in danger and stopped when the threat was no longer present.."

Thanks

Hi Paul!

Yeah bite me Administrator
    Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TOYr32 View Post
    I got my wife a tazer . . . the laws aren't nearly as harsh, plus you won't kill anyone on purpose.

And it' fun to take the cartridge out and zap your friends!!

Ohh . . . and they make Leopard Print!!!
    Interesting design