we got a 20th anni gti and are trying to replace the rear brakes... we got these instructions... but it just aint workin...
Quick rear brake how to? 1) Jack up the car and safely support it.
2) Remove rear wheel
3) Remove rear caliper from carrier (14mm socket on ratchet and 15mm wrench)
4) Remove old pads and rotor (if rotor is stuck use a little WD40 around the lug holes and center axle cap and dont forget the retaining screw)
5) Install caliper back on carrier
6) Use special tool on speed handle to push and turn clockwise while someone keeps the caliper from being pushed inwards. If the rubber boot gets jacked up back up ½ then and go slower
7) Remove caliper and install new rotor and pads
8) Install caliper on carrier, use blue loc-tite
9) Double check the tightness of carrier bolts and rotor screw
10) Install wheel and tire with a little spark plug anti seize
11) Start car and pump brakes to remove any play in rear caliper
anyone got an easier way? we just can't seem to get off the rotor... this 30 min project has turned into 3 hours with no progress