Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
09/10 Football Season Thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Super Moderator Moderator creanium's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks

Re: 09/10 Football Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rawr32 View Post
    Agreed...perhaps "weak" was a misguided choice of description. The line, though not at the caliber of say a Jets line, run-blocked quite well. Looking back at this season, you can see where many holes had opened up, then LT get tripped up by an arm and/or turf monster, resulting in a dumped opportunity for a big run. And yeah, age has caught up to LT and the speed to cut the corner just isn't there anymore. I hope he does just OK in NY, but here's to Mathews turning out 1000 yards and at least a dozen TDs in his rookie season
    This may sound mean, but I actually hope LT has a poor year in NY. Maybe then he can realize that even with a stellar OL, he just doesn't have it anymore, and retires after only once season in NY and knows he should have retired this year instead, as a Charger for life. In all the soundbites that have been coming out since he left SD, he's blaming anyone and everyone but himself. Norv, the OL, Rivers, you name it. Yet, the stats and film dictate that sorry LT, you were the problem.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the guy when he was with SD. But this past year has shown he's over the proverbial hill and going downhill fast. I can't imagine it's easy to hang up the cleats, but he's just not that effective anymore. It made it much easier for me this year to watch him leave, having seen the way he played in 2009.

Need a web host?
    HostGator rules all. Avoid 1and1 like the plague

Fan of the Chargers?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creanium View Post
    This may sound mean, but I actually hope LT has a poor year in NY. Maybe then he can realize that even with a stellar OL, he just doesn't have it anymore, and retires after only once season in NY and knows he should have retired this year instead, as a Charger for life. In all the soundbites that have been coming out since he left SD, he's blaming anyone and everyone but himself. Norv, the OL, Rivers, you name it. Yet, the stats and film dictate that sorry LT, you were the problem.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the guy when he was with SD. But this past year has shown he's over the proverbial hill and going downhill fast. I can't imagine it's easy to hang up the cleats, but he's just not that effective anymore. It made it much easier for me this year to watch him leave, having seen the way he played in 2009.
    Nah uhhhh...

I hope LT has a great season!!!

Go back and watch some highlights... He's all San Diego had when he was a rookie...

Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by your_blog_sucks View Post
    Nah uhhhh...

I hope LT has a great season!!!

Go back and watch some highlights... He's all San Diego had when he was a rookie...
    And that was 10 seasons ago. It's time to move on.

Need a web host?

Fan of the Chargers?

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

Favorite player next to Barry... Little Layday... allday

Thanks

Don't the Chargers only have a 90 pick now as they traded their second round pick? SO I don't think Mays or Cody will be available at 90 or so. In the Whitehurst trade they just swapped 2nd round picks I believe.

Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RavinJetta View Post
    Don't the Chargers only have a 90 pick now as they traded their second round pick? SO I don't think Mays or Cody will be available at 90 or so. In the Whitehurst trade they just swapped 2nd round picks I believe.
    That's correct. Currently the Chargers' next pick is at #91. They could trade up and buy back into the second round, or they could just wait until their pick in the 3rd. Speculation is they won't go DL with the 90th pick, instead opting for a CB or WR (or some hope a safety, but Mays will almost be guaranteed off the board by then)

Need a web host?

Fan of the Chargers?

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

Football today...

and nobody talkin aboot Ryan Mathews!!!!!!!???????

http://www.twitvid.com/YXKL3