Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
World premiere of the Polo Saloon in Moscow
    Images
    Thanks

A first: a Polo specially developed for the Russian market

Moderate pricing: quality and reliability for a wide circle of customers

Wolfsburg / Moscow, 02 June 2010 - While advance sales began for the Polo produced in Kaluga, Russia, the world premiere took place before 200 high-ranking guests in Moscow today. For the first time in the history of the brand, a vehicle has been developed specially for the Russian market, bearing in mind its specific climate and street conditions.

Dr. Ulrich Hackenberg, member of the Board of Management of Volkswagen Brand with responsibility for Development, says: "The new Polo Saloon does not only fulfil the highest standards of modern automotive engineering. The efficient technologies, outstanding active and passive safety and the traditional high quality of workmanship and materials are groundbreaking for this class. In conjunction with the timeless design, a level has been reached that is unprecedented in this segment and this market."

Frank Wittemann, Head of the Volkswagen Brand in Russia: "The new Saloon extends Volkswagen's range of vehicles und builds a bridge from our bestsellers in Russia, the Passat and the Jetta, to the small familiy car segment. With it, an even greater number of friends of our brand can choose a vehicle according to their taste and possibilities. The new vehicle complies with the global quality standards of Volkswagen in every respect, while being very attractive in terms of price: The Polo Saloon is being offered at a price from just a bit over 10,000 euros and up."

The new Saloon is being built on a completely new assembly line at Volkswagen AG's plant in Kaluga. The Volkswagen Polo is equipped with a new 1.6-litre Otto engine (77 kW / 105 PS). It can be combined with a 5-gear manual gearbox or a 6-gear automatic gearbox with sequential shift function (Tiptronic). Hence Volkswagen is the first automobile manufacturer offering their Russian customers such an up-to-date automatic gearbox in this vehicle class.

A high level of safety is ensured already in the Trendline basic version--two airbags, head rests and three-point seat belts for all five passengers. From Comfortline and up, the Polo is equipped with ABS as standard. In the Highline top version, additional safety systems are integrated that are normally unavailable in this class--for instance: side air-bags and ESP.

The specific demands of Russian drivers and the climate and street conditions in Russia have both been carefully taken into account during the new Saloon's development: long-term tests were conducted in different climate zones, and the street conditions in the most variegated regions in Russia were examined. The available petrol qualities were tested repeatedly as well. Thus the vehicle has been equipped with an up-to-date and reliable engine that is ideally suited to those operating conditions prevailing in Russia, a galvanised, non-corrosive body and a wheel suspension geared to bad roads. Particularly robust paints were used for the car's paint job, and the chrome parts are also highly resistant to aggressive agents.

Source: Volkswagen
    ---END--
    Last edited by bugzy; 06-30-2010 at 04:39 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

vrrrrrrrrrrrooooooom Administrator bugzy's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: World premiere of the Polo Saloon in Moscow

nice people's car ... hopefully they start bringing more bare bone type vehicles with low price tags out

i think people need a european alternative to Civic's and Fits and Kia's and stuff
    .: GONE 2000 BMW M5 :: Me - 2013 Jetta GLI - 2000 Jetta 1.8t :: Wife- 2009 VW GTI :: Dad - 2002 VW JTI 337 :.
    Gone:: 1999 VW GTI VR6 :: 2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t :: 1989 VW GTI 16v :: 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon :: 1979 VW Rabbit

Click here to become a Forum supporter. || .: WheelIndustry.com || Buy SoCalEuro decals here ||

Van Wilder: You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.

Thanks

Re: World premiere of the Polo Saloon in Moscow

This is most likely the version we will see here in the next couple of years. I was disappointed when I first heard this from a source within VW, but it doesn't look that bad. You also can't argue with the sales numbers comparing Jettas to Golfs in the US. With the new Jetta getting considerably bigger than the current car, I think they are going to need something closer to the size of the Polo. I just had a TDI Sport Wagon for a week and I felt like I was driving something closer to a 5 rather than a 3 series. Not a bad thing in terms of comfort and quality, but not a great things in terms of size for canyon driving.

I could see a Polo GLI being a big hit at $18K.
    "We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty"
    Follow Me