Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
gun websites
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gun websites

Images
    Thanks

gun websites

What websites do you guys go to for gun accessories or sales on guns? Im looking for sales or general information on what accessories i can get for the gun i just bought.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	811030_full.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	5583

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Yeah bite me Administrator
    Images
    Thanks

Re: gun websites

try google... it's a railed gun so there are a ton of companies with products. Just decide what you want for it. although honestly you can tacticool out the gun, but it's still a pea shooter at the end of the day. Save up and go big!

Images
    Thanks

bravocompanyusa.com
    "The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    try google... it's a railed gun so there are a ton of companies with products. Just decide what you want for it. although honestly you can tacticool out the gun, but it's still a pea shooter at the end of the day. Save up and go big!
    J&J Armory has a nice AR-15 style .308 that has all the goodies...
    "The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks

Is that a fake magazine? Why is it so long?
    Ok, just looked it up. it's 25 round.

Don't get caught!!

Images
    Thanks

actually you can have the 25 round clip because its a rim fire..I have a 308 being sent to me from back home this is going to be for target practice and just have fun with.

Thanks

oh yeah, its a rimfire so you can have normal capacity mags. You need nothing on that gun since its just a plinker like Paul said. Save your money for good optics on your .308.....

I'm torn between an ACOG Trijicon for my AR since they are so bad ass (and VERY expensive) but for out to a 100 yards of plinking (all I do with it) its overkill and not needed. An EOTech holographic is perfect. Thats what I will probably get.
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton
    2012 Cooper S hard top Lightning blue/Black roof
    2009 328i sport coupe, M3 steering wheel, DCT paddles, Magnaflow exhaust.

Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottd1975 View Post
    actually you can have the 25 round clip because its a rim fire..I have a 308 being sent to me from back home this is going to be for target practice and just have fun with.
    Uh no you can't. 10 rd max on any detachable magazine post ban. Rimfire is still limited to 10rds. IF you have a 25rd magazine on that rifle which didn't exist pre-ban, I guarantee you that you're committing a felony right now.

Thanks

I should have been a little more specific.

I don't know anyone who has been hassled for regular capacity mags. I don't even think there is case law for a prosecution. It doesn't mean, its not illegal though. I use mine in my 10/22 all the time. It will not trigger an "assault weapons" status since its rimfire, and my mags are pre ban. Even Centerfire is ok as long as it has no other "assault weapons" features. Key is that you owned them before the ban.... can any prove you didn't?

Possession is not illegal. The state has to prove you didn't own them before the ban. IF the mags and gun didn't exist before then, good luck, this is the reason I have none for my SIG SP2022. If they did decide to come after you, statute of limitations is 3 years anyway. Best advice is if you ever get questioned, keep your mouth shut. Would I be using a questionable setup at the local range? Probably not. Out in the boonies where the Cactus are the only things around, sure. Its not like it was 5 or even two years ago. I use to be the Only one at On Target with a rifle of any kind usually. If not it was another .22. I was there last weekend and all the available rifle lanes had a shooter with an AR and a 10/30 hanging out of it.

I have a ton of 30 rounders for my AR. They are all preban and stay in my safe. I DO NOT use them in my OLL AR, unless I go out of state, which is legal. When I go to the local ranges with a friend of mine, he has an OG RAW AR15, he can, and does use his 30 rounders all the time.

Don't worry, if the lawyers are correct, and the barometer of what I have been seeing/reading is correct, we may not have to deal with this much more then another couple years. People have realized, gun control costs tax payers money and does nothing for crime. The current political and economical climate has seen a surge in firearms owners. The Supreme Court is set to likely announce that the 2nd Amendment applies to all 50 states before the end of the month, then the lawyers will go to work dismantling the laws as unconstitutional.

My first purchase Paul after the roster goes away, oh lets see, where to start, Taurus Judge for shits and giggles? As the others come down, I will have to get a bigger safe!!!
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton

Thanks

^don't try to get technical. You'll get put in the slammer
    if you have anything over 10rd mag.

Twin drum mag, full auto.
    How many rounds do you think it could hold? 1,000???
    I have an old gat and works pretty good but 10rd on the 10/22 goes by in maybe 2 seconds.

Images
    Thanks

Good advice ill look again when i go to the store. It sure looked like 25 rounds not ten but thanks for the advice.

Images
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottd1975 View Post
    Good advice ill look again when i go to the store. It sure looked like 25 rounds not ten but thanks for the advice.
    If the store is here in california, the gun will likely be a CA compliant model. Meaning the mags are either shortened to limit to 10rds, or blocked/pinned to limit to 10rds. That rifle didn't exist pre-ban therefore no magazines exist that wouldn't immediately be recognized as illegal.

Don't risk it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Possession is not illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    ^don't try to get technical. You'll get put in the slammer
    if you have anything over 10rd mag.
    This is bullshit. You can possess all you want. You have a Glock now? You can own and use high cap mags as long as you owned them before the ban.

Like Paul said, that gun is relatively new, so the mags couldn't have existed before the ban. AK, AR, etc have been around for a LONG time.

COPY AND PASTED

If you are not covered by one of the exemptions (see some of them below) ...

* If you did not possess a large-capacity magazine in California before January 1, 2000, you may not have it now
    * If the gun (and its matching magazines) did not exist before January 1, 2000, you shouldn't have large-capacity magazines for it now

(e.g. Springfield XD, first marketed in 2002 [as distinct from the 1999 HS2000]. You shouldn't be prosecuted for possession/use, but the timing can't be explained

A contrary example: a legally possessed in California pre-1994 Para-Ordnance magazine may fit a post-2000 Para pistol - the gun didn't exist before 2000, but a magazine that fits the gun did -- you may have this one - no logical contradiction.)

* No one in or out of California may transfer a large-capacity magazine to a non-LEO California resident

The relevant Penal Code is 12020(a)(2)
    Quote:
    12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following
    is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year
    or in the state prison:

(2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be
    manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or
    exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity
    magazine.
    (c) (25) As used in this section, "large-capacity magazine" means any
    ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10
    rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:
    (A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it
    cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
    (B) A .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device.
    (C) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action
    firearm.
    This law is another effect of Mr. Perata's SB23; if you want to see what the legislature was thinking (or not thinking) see the analyses here.

Prohibited actions:

* manufacture or cause to be manufactured
    * import into the state
    * keep for sale
    * offer or expose for sale
    * give
    * lend

Note that it is not prohibited to

* own a large-capacity magazine
    * possess a large-capacity magazine
    * use a large-capacity magazine, in whatever gun*
    * repair a legally possessed large-capacity magazine
    (and, necessarily, to acquire the parts to make the repair --
    remember it only makes sense to buy parts kits for existing
    legally-possessed large-capacity magazines)

(* Old magazine, new-ish magazine, old gun, new gun - all irrelevant; remember also the 10-round limit on fixed magazine OLL, a different law.)

To repeat: Possession/use of a large-capacity magazine by an individual is not a crime, no matter how you acquired it.

Large-capacity magazines manufactured during the now-defunct Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device ban of 1994-2004 were marked 'Law Enforcement Only'. There are reasons one might legally have possessed them in California before 2000, but it is also legal to have the magazine bodies as repair parts for your other magazines.

There are exceptions in 12020(b), (b)(19)-(32) notably
    Quote:
    (23) The importation of a large-capacity magazine by a person who
    lawfully possessed the large-capacity magazine in the state prior to
    January 1, 2000, lawfully took it out of the state, and is returning
    to the state with the large-capacity magazine previously lawfully
    possessed in the state.
    (b)(19) exempts LE agencies
    (b)(20) exempts LEOs
    (b)(21) exempts CA-licensed FFLs
    (b)(22) exempts loans so long as the lender stays nearby
    (b)(27), (b)(28) and (b)(29) exempt "entities that operate armored vehicle businesses" who buy large-capacity magazines, lend them to their employees or receive them back
    There is NO EXCEPTION for non-LEO visitors to the state.

Proof of a crime, however, is likely going to be difficult.

* Magazines are not usually serialized or dated
    * Before 2000, no one would have anticipated this law, so there was no reason to retain receipts for magazine purchases
    * Not all guns in California are registered or otherwise known to the California Department of Justice, so the corresponding knowledge of likely date of possession of magazines for the guns is also missing

Note that according to the law as written, it is not prohibited to "buy" or "receive" or "find" a large-capacity magazine. I suggest that one avoid using one of those verbs or synonyms for them when offering advice on large-capacity magazines to other Calguns members. Such advice gives the appearance of encouraging others to violate the law.

There is no obvious effort in California to strictly enforce this law at the level of individual owners; there are some anecdotes suggesting DOJ agents may be observing some out of state gun shows for California buyers. Large-capacity magazines seem to be a very low-profile issue.

Images
    Thanks

The gun in question is at sale at Turners outdoor sports.

Images
    Thanks

it'll be a 10rd mag

Images
    Thanks

I got the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 yesterday it was on sale at big5 for 417.00 out the door... The sale at Turners had it at 472.00... So i got it originally for 417.00 but then i got a military discount, a employee discount from a homie hookup, and the cost of my background check was free so ill count that as a 25.00 discount as well. All and all i got the gun for 335.00 out the door.. Its alittle more than a 10-22 costs but heay its also a better gun in my opinion.

Thanks

At that price, you should have NO regrets buying it to get an AR style plinker.

On a side note, I put a MAGPUL handguard with lower rail and foregrip with integral bi-pod on my AR yesterday...............

Thanks

Images
    Thanks

cheaperthandirt isnt that cheap try this place for parts for AR rifles.
    http://rrages.com/