Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Everything snowboarding/skiing - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Everything snowboarding/skiing

wtf, i was invited to tahoe for a week, condo was already paid for, why didnt I go?!?!
    Nobody ever said "I wish I never saved a life." Donate blood http://www.givelife.org
    KOLLABORATIVE MEDIUM Animation & Visual Effects and Photography
    Also join KOLLABORATIVE MEDIUM Fan Page on Facebook

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Thanks

looks like we got rain then 6-10inches of snow then rain..... wack so much for the 3 feet expected, and the 4500 foot snowlevels my ass. live doppler 7000 is shit.

Thanks

haha yeah thats southern california for you. but on a good note, mammoth has gotten record breaking snow and now has the deepest snow base in the world.
    Nobody ever said "I wish I never saved a life." Donate blood http://www.givelife.org

Thanks

i know 17 feet for you. we got 2 feet after today might hit 3feet i hope. heading to high at 6am tomorrow to try to beat the traffic and snowplayers and its my first day on my new board.

Thanks

nice, what did you pick up?

Thanks

gnu street series 149 its a bit smaller than my old 151 and 152 skate bananas but its super fun, alittle softer than the skate bananas and its got a better grafic. o and today was epic at high, super crowded but i got up there at 730 and we got fresh tracks on alot of runs, found a few powder drops/jumps and built a powder kicker off a hillside maybe 20ish foot gap was a great day, bluebird and powder and sweater weather.....

Thanks

http://www.ocregister.com/news/highw...oke.html?pic=1

lol highway 330 expected to be closed all winter due to road cave-in. i was actually on my way to bear christmas eve until we found out the 330 was closed due to mudslides, so we headed to mt high instead. sure enough i called it an early day, even though snow was actually pretty good, it was just way too crowded for me.

Thanks

ya i spent christmas up in green valley lake and rode snow valley christmas morning. it was compleatly empty and the snow was pritty good, only like 2 tiny rails/jumps up tho. then monday/tuesday ive been riding high and its flawless, so many rails/boxes/jumps up and the line of booters off wedge are so fun my buddy was trying 10's on the first 1 lol. but the lines at high right now arnt fun but i know the lifties and we were pretending to ride with chuck lidell and just followed him threw the vip line

o ill be at high tomorrow for the powder day.
    daytime high is expected to be 25 degrees with 35mph winds sounds fun

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3THREE7 View Post
    http://www.ocregister.com/news/highw...oke.html?pic=1

lol highway 330 expected to be closed all winter due to road cave-in. i was actually on my way to bear christmas eve until we found out the 330 was closed due to mudslides, so we headed to mt high instead. sure enough i called it an early day, even though snow was actually pretty good, it was just way too crowded for me.
    ya it sucks the 18 is decent but you have to sidetrack threw kuffel canyon and the 38 is still good i think(the best way)

Thanks

just got back from east resort at high was super crowded and cold 24ish degrees and 30mph winds. most of the fresh powder was all blown too but we found a few good stashes, the traffic was really bad. like 30mins in a line at 730am the other few days ive been getting to the west parking lot at 7:15am

Thanks

yeah, holiday crowds.. and to top it off im sure the people who made plans to go to bear end up going to high due to the road closures.

Thanks

ya its crazy in wrightwood i took today/ weekend off due to it. working on the car for a change

Thanks

went to high today aswell as a few other days in the past 2 weeks and it just keeps getting better and better up there. today was the best day of the season sofar the park was just perfect and there was no one there at all.
    oya this 2

http://www.torstein.net/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Socal View Post
    went to high today aswell as a few other days in the past 2 weeks and it just keeps getting better and better up there. today was the best day of the season sofar the park was just perfect and there was no one there at all.
    oya this 2

http://www.torstein.net/
    Yeah I been watching his videos. lol at the 5 stoney bologna in the in your face video with andreas wiig.

Got the chance to hang out with Andreas at a media party, great guy, very humble. After bumping into each other a few times and chatting we ended up at the bar together ordering drinks. I ordered a shot of something for me and my date, who was right behind me. I don't know if he was drunk, but he grabs her drink, toasts to me, and takes her shot. Needless to say my date wasn't very happy. He ends up buying us a few round of drinks to make up for it. His gf(i think fiance now? or maybe even married) is amazingly beautiful.

Thanks

im pritty sure hes married and ya he would be drunk they all are lol. i think andreas has really fallen off since torstein, flannagan, helagador, davis and the others have stepped it up so much. andreas is like kass to me where he was super good when it was spin to win now its these dumb doubles and alot of pros have been left behind.

Thanks

Haha yeah I know, being drunk is pretty common in this industry. Wiig was one of my favorite riders just a few years ago, he still is, but as you said he's fallen off from the limelight now that Torstein and others are progressing tricks.

The career of a pro: Pro's start off their career doing contests and pushing the limits of what could be done. To get noticed it's what you need to do. Progression in this sport is just ridiculous, and I have mixed feelings over it. Once a rider gets to the point where they really can't progress anymore in contests or filming park, they move on to natural terrain. And then its the younger kids' turn to progress and starts that cycle over again. Progression in natural terrain isn't moving as quickly as contests, people who are successful at filming natural terrain end up doing it for quite a few years.

Look at Seb "Toots" I've seen that kid in small video parts since he was 13-14(?), now 18 and this season alone he's already won multiple contests with his bag of various double's. Since he's so young he might have a good 7-8 years in the contest scene. Then I'm sure he'll move on to focusing on filming natural terrain.

The urban scene is much like natural terrain, isn't really progressing much, and solid careers here usually last a very long time, look at JP, Jeremy, even LeBlanc's career lasted a while.

vrrrrrrrrrrrooooooom Administrator bugzy's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Anyone know how Mtn Summit/Mtn High area is this weekend in terms of snow quality?
    .: GONE 2000 BMW M5 :: Me - 2013 Jetta GLI - 2000 Jetta 1.8t :: Wife- 2009 VW GTI :: Dad - 2002 VW JTI 337 :.
    Gone:: 1999 VW GTI VR6 :: 2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t :: 1989 VW GTI 16v :: 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon :: 1979 VW Rabbit

Click here to become a Forum supporter. || .: WheelIndustry.com || Buy SoCalEuro decals here ||

Van Wilder: You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.

Thanks

its very very good. id advise leaving sd at around 430 to beat the traffic you have to be in wrightwood by 710 to get a parking spot in 1 of the lots. also make sure to order ur tickets ahead of time due to the sellout expected. we had a few days that sold out by 830 midweek holiday. east resort is also alot less crowded and better/longer runs. if ur set on riding at west resort then make sure you and all ur buddys have helmets. there is a helmet only lift line on the main lift at west and its probably 20x faster than the regular line i run the cut line so it dosnt matter to me lol. ill be in the silver b5 a4 with roofracks,gunmeatal b7 wheels, low come by and have a beer lol. we should be in like row 3 all weekend at high. if ur going up this weekend make sure you take the canyon road to avoid that damn line of cars+ its mad funner.

to get to bear add maybe a xtra 2 hours to trip due to 38 being your only real option and it will be packed.

Thanks

Torstein with a triple at X-games

Seb Toots wins gold in slopestyle

(video seems to have been blocked on youtube... but a very clean run)

Thanks

Supposed to be having the coldest storm in 10 years this weekend. Snow levels expected to drop to around 1000 ft. Might consider going to mt high tomorrow even though I hate weekends there.