SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

Ten Unlikely Car Owner Stereotypes

From Jalopnik:
    http://jalopnik.com/5714552/ten-unli...types/gallery/

When we asked you yesterday to identify popular car stereotypes, it went beyond the usual "panel van owners abduct children" nominations to an even stranger place. So, weirdos, here are you ten most obscure car owner stereotypes.

The GTI one is pretty funny... the Volvo 240 one is pretty spot on. Feel free to add your own below
    2008 Wolfsburg Jetta 2.0T

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

Re: Ten Unlikely Car Owner Stereotypes

2008 Wolfsburg Jetta 2.0T

SoCalEuro Member Forum Supporter
    Thanks

"Have you been to Vortex" LOL
    Junior~2014 Golf TDI
    Louis~1985 B!tchBasket

GoGo~2001 IndiGoGolf (sold!)
    Life is like a garden, DIG IT!

Thanks

I used to drive a Volvo station wagon...hahahahha
    Ladies love VAG, too!

Thanks

hmm ima have to say 100% correct. i kinda do fit the stereotype but i am 1/2 english and 21years old and do enjoy a good trash talk but who dosnt.

JFV Photography Forum Supporter 1965truckrod's Avatar
    Thanks

Replies about the GTI:
    Yo! Why youz gozta hate on the GTI dawg? Oh I know, youz iz just jealouz that you don't haz one. I mean mine iz so sick! Itz sittin hella flush on 19'z with with badazz coiloverz. Oh, and damnz iz it fast. Completely smoked a weak-ass Vette last week, spooled up my massive turbo (off an '04 Peterbilt) and left hiz ass at the line. Itz like the fool wazn't even knowing we waz racin. You guyz can pizz off, I'm head out to da clubz.

Not exactly sure how euro-trash wannabes talk, I think I'm probably off a little.

I have a GTI, and would like to think I am the exception to the stereotype. Though I will agree it is probably, mostly true. Especially if you have ever read VW Vortex.

and...
    Hey now, I resent number 5. I own a 2009 GTI. Now, I suppose I am young at 26, but I don't want to be European, and I don't hang out on the Vortex. Also, I don't talk trash. I like my car and all, it's quick handles great but a WRX with a good driver will stomp me.

(But you bitches just wait until I get my APR Stage III setup and then I'll stomp all of your hillbilly American muscle crap and rice-boy shitty shit cars. The euro is stronger than the dollar bitches. What now huh? What now?)

Man I hate having a car with such a stereotype of which I am nothing like... oh well.

Jesse

Thanks

Fuck, I was a prick before I owned a BMW, now I'm worse.
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton
    2012 Cooper S hard top Lightning blue/Black roof
    2009 328i sport coupe, M3 steering wheel, DCT paddles, Magnaflow exhaust.

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

I break the stereotype of driving a white MK4 jetta but NOT being a hot teenage blonde girl.

Also maybe I stick around the 1.8t forum too much(actually I rather check any other forum) but is Vortex really that bad outside the 1.8T forum? Yeah we can be dicks but its mostly because we hate answering the same questions over and over again.... Then again I like to think I'm not a dick but I most likely am simply because I forgo small social ritual but then again i blame my INTJ personality for that =P

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

lol, ive caught myself cursing at bmw drivers who cut me off while driving mine :P usually at the ones driving the x-series variants
    Everyone who drives slower than you do is an idiot; everyone who drives faster than you do is a maniac...
    http://www.inlanddubz.isgreat.org/

Thanks

The mkv/vi college girl thing is very true I see them all the time, a few times actually getting into minor accidents
    What about mk2 owners? I have yet to see another one driving around...is that why there is no stereotype??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayo01 View Post
    The mkv/vi college girl thing is very true I see them all the time, a few times actually getting into minor accidents
    What about mk2 owners? I have yet to see another one driving around...is that why there is no stereotype??
    I see Mk2's, there's quite a few rolling around SD. Your hanging out with the wrong crowd! LOL. Your in Chula... what color is your MK2?
    Junior~2014 Golf TDI
    Louis~1985 B!tchBasket

Thanks

I see Mk2's, there's quite a few rolling around SD. Your hanging out with the wrong crowd! LOL. Your in Chula... what color is your MK2?
    rully? the only ones i've seen are old people driven or ugly tj lookin. Mine is brownish/tanish.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayo01 View Post
    rully? the only ones i've seen are old people driven or ugly tj lookin. Mine is brownish/tanish.
    uhh yeah dewd... my sis has a mk2, so does synastagli among others. We used to have a mk1, mk2 meet every weds night at De Anza Cove. But that faded out end of summer. And... there's a green Mk2 rollin around Chula also. I guess he thumbs upped my BF when he was driving my cabby down there. A bunch of peeps around here drive MK1's also!

Don't hate tooo much on them tj dudes, some have some pretty sick vw's! The westsidemex have some pretty kleen old dubs.
    Junior~2014 Golf TDI
    Louis~1985 B!tchBasket

Thanks

Dang i guess i need to open my eyes a lil more lol. yeah westsidemex have clean rides but i've seen others that are blegh.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCxMagus View Post
    I break the stereotype of driving a white MK4 jetta but NOT being a hot teenage blonde girl.

Also maybe I stick around the 1.8t forum too much(actually I rather check any other forum) but is Vortex really that bad outside the 1.8T forum? Yeah we can be dicks but its mostly because we hate answering the same questions over and over again.... Then again I like to think I'm not a dick but I most likely am simply because I forgo small social ritual but then again i blame my INTJ personality for that =P
    I am definitely not the stereotypical GTi driver to say the least, I don't really mind the questions yet at least because of all of the modifications I have done now I usually explain with a smile and one of those grins that says if you even think about trying to out accelerate me your going to get your ass handed to you. It was very frustrating being the slower of the turbo cars in my group since I was amongst STi's, EVO's and some seriously modified SRT's and even a 240. The only advantage I had was that when we took drives I lead the pack as I know the corners and driving lines like no one else since I have lived here all my life and can drive them blind. Palomar especially, I use to ride that on my bike day in and day out. Now that I'm the big dog its usually the random question of what software or what kind of hardware I have ratcheted under my hood.
    Not to discredit the good drivers of BMW's and being a owner of one but it seems there's always the business guy with the 3 or 5 series cutting you off because he's too involved in the conversation he's having on the phone that he's holding with the shifting hand, or the crazy soccer mom in her X5 swerving in and out of traffic to make it to her sons or daughters appointment before she gets charged extra. For the few that have met me I think I am usually all smiles and a pretty nice guy .

Jesse

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

I meant rarely not rather in my post haha just noticed it in the quote. Yeah I used to always wanna be the fastest but luckily I have grown out of that phase, as much as I would love to go big turbo like I planned I'm more likely then not gonna do my original plan of a stroked out, over sized valve frankenturbo set up with W/M injection funds just wont allow a 2871r build at this time and building the motor(which im gonna have to do anyway) and leaving the stock turbo on there is rather silly. One of the biggest stereotypes that I notice around california is how drivers won't allow anyone to pass them but once you do they slow back down to 10 under the limit, but for that moment you passing them it's like you killed all their family and are dishonoring them in some horrific way if you wanna drive faster then them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCxMagus View Post
    I meant rarely not rather in my post haha just noticed it in the quote. Yeah I used to always wanna be the fastest but luckily I have grown out of that phase, as much as I would love to go big turbo like I planned I'm more likely then not gonna do my original plan of a stroked out, over sized valve frankenturbo set up with W/M injection funds just wont allow a 2871r build at this time and building the motor(which im gonna have to do anyway) and leaving the stock turbo on there is rather silly. One of the biggest stereotypes that I notice around california is how drivers won't allow anyone to pass them but once you do they slow back down to 10 under the limit, but for that moment you passing them it's like you killed all their family and are dishonoring them in some horrific way if you wanna drive faster then them.
    Its not that... they have all just seen The Fast and The Furious movies too much... You roll up on someone regardless of what car they have its a Race to the finish

Jesse