Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
First Look: New Tiguan
    Images
    Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-volkswagen-Tiguan-lead.jpg 
Views:	16623 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	6678

Advance sales begin weeks earlier. Prices start at 24,175 euros

Wolfsburg, 04 February 2011 - The new Tiguan is taking a great leap forward in schedule: advance sales of the technically and visually refined bestseller already begin today. The reason: Volkswagen accelerated the start of advance sales several weeks, because sustained high demand for the previous model has resulted in it being sold out. The new Tiguan's world debut will be on March 1st at the Geneva International Motor Show, yet Volkswagen is already announcing the base price of the new Tiguan today: 24,175 euros will be the SUV's price in Germany as a Trend & Fun version with 1.4 TSI (90 kW / 122 PS) engine. This means that the Tiguan is still at the same price level as the previous model despite numerous improvements.

The debut of the Tiguan in 2007 marked the advent of one of the great success stories in the German automotive industry. Practically from a standstill, this Volkswagen advanced to become SUV market leader in Germany. That is still true today: The German Federal Bureau of Motor Vehicles reported on 6 January 2011 that the bestselling SUV between Hamburg and Munich continues to be the Tiguan. Now, its successor is launching, and headlines about the new prototype have already appeared in some automotive magazines. The reasons for the Tiguan boom are obvious: with five stars in EuroNCAP crash testing, the Tiguan is one of the safest SUVs, and with its TDI and TSI engines it is also one of the most fuel efficient SUVs; it offers great comfort and quality as well. So, its overall price-to-performance ratio sets a new benchmark, as confirmed by numerous comparison tests in the automotive media.

The Tiguan has long been one of the most popular Volkswagens in the world. Its highest volume markets: all of Europe, Russia, USA, China, Brazil and Australia. In Germany, its average market share in the segment of compact SUVs grew to about 21 percent in the year 2010, and across Europe it was twelve percent. Globally, a total of 572,000 Tiguans have been delivered since it was first launched in autumn 2007. The Touareg's smaller brother is now poised to continue this success story with a new look and advanced technologies.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

vrrrrrrrrrrrooooooom Administrator bugzy's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: First Look: New Tiguan

Wow! I like this. I was looking at a Q5 for the wife in the future. The Gen1 Tiguan wasnt really a good looking car, in my opinion, but this is a lil bit better. I'd like to see the pricing in the US (with options)
    .: GONE 2000 BMW M5 :: Me - 2013 Jetta GLI - 2000 Jetta 1.8t :: Wife- 2009 VW GTI :: Dad - 2002 VW JTI 337 :.
    Gone:: 1999 VW GTI VR6 :: 2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t :: 1989 VW GTI 16v :: 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon :: 1979 VW Rabbit

Click here to become a Forum supporter. || .: WheelIndustry.com || Buy SoCalEuro decals here ||

Van Wilder: You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.

Images
    Thanks

Re: First Look: New Tiguan

Pricing will most likely not be released till its debut at the Geneva Motor Show in a couple of weeks. And that will most likely be for the UK first... and then it needs to make its US debut..lol