Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Pws mk114

Thread: Pws mk114

Images
    Thanks

Pws mk114

Finally picked up my rifle . . . convinced the wifey to let me start my armory, figured this was extreme as I wanted to go, so went for it. Got the head shake of shame, but ohh well, can't return it now

Primary Weapons System
    14" 1:8th stainless barrel
    Rails w/ traditional handguard inserts
    flip down iron sight
    Magpul collapsable stock
    Piston operated (internals are the same, all still familiar, just a piston added to the head of the bold. Tripped me out a bit, but we all know how much more reliable an AK is than a gas operated AR. Hopefully it eeps the chamber cleaner, and time will tell, is more reliable.

pics:

w/ 10 rnd plugged 30 rnd mag and sights

I love these sights, reminent of the iron sights on my issued M16 / M4

Also like these handguards, I didn't like the feel of the full rail, but still provides enough to attach a light and a full top rail

I know I know, why have a fake 30 rnd mag? Well, I liked the feel when completely compact, I like to hold the mag instead of the grips, the 10 rnd was too short, didn't feel right.

Some people live their entire lifetime and wonder if they ever made a difference to the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -- Ronald Reagan January 1995

Secret To Seeing What Forum Supporters See?? >>Click Here<<

http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/attac...achmentid=3373

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Images
    Thanks

Re: Pws mk114

I've gotta ask, how much? I need some new toys...
    I drive crap. Expensive crap...

Images
    Thanks

W/ the grips about $1600
    Some people live their entire lifetime and wonder if they ever made a difference to the world. Marines don't have that problem.

SoCalEuro Member Forum Vendor Das Holz's Avatar
    Thanks

That looks like fun. I have a piston system AR and LOVE it. stays way cleaner. Minimal service is needed. Nice purchase.

San Diego, CA 858-566-7873
    "Beware of Zombies coming soon!"
    2013 Fiat Abarth - 1982 VW Caddy - 1962 Chevy II - 2005 Yamaha Zuma - 1998 Jeep Cherokee - 2002 Silverado Duramax - 2000 Santek trailer - 1997 Aprilia RS250

SoCalEuro Member Forum Vendor Das Holz's Avatar
    Thanks

BTW. Magpul stuff is awesome!

San Diego, CA 858-566-7873
    "Beware of Zombies coming soon!"
    2013 Fiat Abarth - 1982 VW Caddy - 1962 Chevy II - 2005 Yamaha Zuma - 1998 Jeep Cherokee - 2002 Silverado Duramax - 2000 Santek trailer - 1997 Aprilia RS250

Images
    Thanks

Yeah, haven't gone to the range yet, but running around the house feels good

Thanks

Good job B. Took you long enough lol. Gas pistons are bad ass. I want to do a gas piston upper with a heavy target barrel. My current upper has a Magpul clam shell on mine. I also want to do a .308 AR next, then another AK or two while I can we can still get them. Here is a whoring pic of mine.......

"As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton
    2012 Cooper S hard top Lightning blue/Black roof
    2009 328i sport coupe, M3 steering wheel, DCT paddles, Magnaflow exhaust.

Images
    Thanks

PWS makes a 7.62 version . . . I figured I would never get the wife to range with that thing . . . baby steps for her!

Images
    Thanks

It's been a month... How's it shoot?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Images
    Thanks

LMAO, I finally got to the range on Saturday. Major complain would be the sight adjustment, no rear sight elevation, and had to be done with the FSP, which sucked also because I have to use a leatherman, couldn't adjust with a round like I'm used to. That being said I LOVE IT!! with all my HEART!!! If there wasn't risk of the bolt shooting forward I'd try to put "it" in the ejection port and consummate our marriage!!

zero'd at the 50yd, played at the 200yd

They had ran out of large targets so I was using their pistol range targets. I'd say for not shooting in a long time the mechanics became second nature and I was really confortable shooting it. Gotta say, I shot my buddies 223, no pistol grip sux!!!! I didn't get to use my holographic since it's set at 25 yards, and the shortest range they allow my rifle is 50

I would have adjusted up, but messing with the FSP is normally a big nono, so when I got it close I just left it. I really do wish there was a rear elevation. Gonna have to jump on Magpuls sight and see if they have something else!

On a closing note, we shot about 150+ rounds through it. That piston system makes a world of a difference. Bolt has barely any carbon buildup. Used about 5 patches to clean the whole weapon, bolt, bolt carrier, and barrel!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TOYr32 For This Useful Post:

FunkTron (04-04-2011)