It's been a good run, but it's time for the MINI to pass to a new owner. Certain events have transpired that require the sale of the MINI, so have a look, make an offer, and let's get her moved to her new home!
This particular car has received lots of praise and appreciation from all kinds of car clubs. It was one of the lowest MINIs in Southern California last summer, and is deffo the lowest in Colorado. It was pictured in Performance VW last month and I'll be posting the PDF of the page shortly. It's a great car and I know the next owner will love it as much as I do.
- I'm currently in Florence, Italy, returning to San Diego, CA on May 1. I will handle the sale up until a selling price is agreed upon, and my mother will handle the final details (such as receipt of payment and transfer of title) in the US since I am out of the country. She will be CC'd on any and all emails regarding the final sale of the car.
- The car is currently in Boulder, CO. It may be brought back to San Diego before I return.
- CA registration good through DEC 2011
- This MINI has been in my family since we bought it new off the lot in November of 2002. It has not been tracked or raced, and just received a major service at Ralph Schomp MINI in Denver, CO. I have most of the service records for the car, but not all of them.
- Contact (email is best):
email: dylanphogan(at)gmail.com- Asking: $9,000 OBO
phone: +39 (Italy) 327.938.6568
- Willing to ship. Buyer pays shipping.
- 2003 MINI Cooper R50
- 76,xxx miles
- Factory sunroof, Silk Green paint (only offered in 2003), white roof
- 30% tint all around. It looks darker due to the small size of the car.- Wheels/Tires
- Magnaflow exhaust
- SPC adjustable rear lower control arms
- VMAXX coilovers
- Megan Racing front coilovers with camber plates
- Ultra HID/xenon headlights
- B&M short shift kit
- Filter-on-a-stick air intake (have OEM with high-flow K&N as well)
- Facelift R53 tail lights
- Debadged (removed "Cooper" from hatch)
- White side repeaters
- Stubby antenna
- LED bulbs in running lights (to match headlights)
- 16x9 Keskin KT-1's, et25 wrapped in Falken 512 Ziex 205/45/16 (maaaaassive stretch)- Also included in sale:
- Minor curb rash on rear passenger wheel, moderate curb rash on front passenger wheel. 3 wheels are et25 from factory, 1 is et30 with a 5mm spacer to bring the offset to et25 (this is due to months of shipping and stocking issues that resulted in me being sent the mismatched set. I have not experienced any issues whatsoever with this set beyond the inconvenience of having to refit a spacer to the one wheel when making adjustments).
- Estimated 75%+ tread life left
- 4 17x7 OEM BBS R90 2-piece wheels, et48 with 3 tires (will need new rubber before using)
- Polyurethane bushings for front suspension
- Random other extras
- Sunroof is not currently working. It is closed, sealed, and disconnected, but something is wrong with it and it won't open past half-way. I can either have this repaired or you can make an offer reflecting the issue.- Exterior & interior condition:
- Small plastic retainer clip on shift assembly is broken. The resulting issue is a pretty extreme "mixing bowl" feeling in the shifter but does not affect shifting performance. It is an easy fix, but BMW does not sell the clip individually; it is only available in a $500 OEM shift assembly. I'm working on sourcing the part from a wrecking yard or aftermarket distributor, and will be sure it is either provided with the car or repaired prior to sale.
- Emergency brake boot has a dime to nickel sized hole in it.
- Driver's seat has a 3" tear by the forward lean lever.
- Passenger door release cable is loose. It takes a bit of patience and playing to get the door to open from the inside, but the outside opens perfectly.
- Front speakers need replacing. Passenger side is blown, driver's is going out. I have replacement OEM speakers which can be installed prior to sale if desired.
- The exterior is in great shape for a 7 year old car. There are the usual small stone chips on the nose, as well as some slight discoloration on the inside of the door frame (not rust - just discoloring).
- The interior is also in good shape, except for the aforementioned issues (driver's seat and emergency brake boot). There are some small stains on the floor mats, along with a few on the center divide. They could probably be removed with a good detailing product. The paint has been rubbed off the center console side pillar on the driver's side from my knee rubbing against it during hard cornering.
- All these issues are minor, but I thought I'd mention them in the interest of full disclosure.
- Build thread on motoring|underground
- Build thread here on StanceWorks
Pictures: the only editing I did was some minor levels adjustment and the removal of some signs on the wall for the garage photos.