Thanks

good investing/stock trader forums?

anyone know of any good ones?
    i've been on the Motley Fool for a couple years, what do you guys use?

here's 5 of my top/hopeful picks
    AAPL, EMC, VMW, TRID, AXAS
    "cheese and crackers!"

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Thanks

Re: good investing/stock trader forums?

you're really stretching there with that apple pick, eh?
    My signature was so old it broke all the rules :drama:

Thanks

i'll tell you that it's not a recent pick
    "cheese and crackers!"

Thanks

go apple!
    "cheese and crackers!"

SoCalEuro Member Forum Supporter
    Thanks

I wouldn't just go with what someone thinks is a top pick. I think that most of the worst investments in history came from someone else "having a feeling" about a company or a stock.
    Take an investing class. I'll give you the top 6 things I learned in my class.
    1)Learn what all the numbers mean. (EPS, P/E ratio, beta, etc.)
    2)Use a stock screener. Once you know the numbers you want to screen, (from those in 1) ) you can elimiate tens of thousands of stocks that don't fit your needs/wants. This will keep you from buying stock based on emotion.
    3)Set a stop sell price as your shares gain value. Use a stop sell calculator and know how much you are willing to lose. The share price will fluctuates throughout the day/week, but if it keeps going down, catch it. Which leads right into
    4)Don't buy /sell so much that you're constantly hemmoraging money in transaction fees. Shopping around for a good brokerage will help this.
    5)Pay attention! Don't just put money in an hope the value goes up. Read the news on the companies you own. Buy 4 or 5 different companies. Sell the ones that don't go up, run the screener and buy some more.

This method has worked pretty well for me. I have had some losers, but I have had a few jump 14-32% in one day. They were doing OK anyways, but then something good happened at the company and I looked like I knew what the hell I was talking about.
    Tony
    '02 S6 Avant
    '09 Jetta TDI
    '12 S5

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CALL AAA For This Useful Post:

TOYr32 (03-02-2012)

Images
    Thanks

Apple has been quite untouchable as of late, but I'd be a little weary w/ all the China lawsuits going around. Although I don't see a huge drop, it will be enough to show that Apple isn't the invincible stock people think. Apple relies on a wow factor, thats why they have to release a new product every year. How long do you think they can keep that up? Don't get me wrong, I love my 4s, but Siri is no laptop in an envelope . . .

Intuit
    just recently boasted the most admired software company by Fortune magazine, as much as everyone hates turbotax, clearly people are buying it and loving it. They do always seem to be in the lists for favorites when it comes to employees, value, and customer service. They've also come a long way with a lot of software that people don't realize is Intuit branded.

Adobe
    is going to be releasing CS6 pretty soon, and with all the mobile integration that it is bringing to the table, I believe that will be a huge hit. They are also buying up a lot of internet marketing companies (I think they actually have more assets in this area than google now) so expect them to pull the trigger on something pretty big there. These two companies are more in reach for a quick gain. At $50 a share, it's easier to grab more shares and obviously more profit. As with Apple, you'll grab 2 or 3 shares and have to wait some time before you'd gain $300 dollars.

If you're looking to put your money in for a while, I'd put my money on Intuitive Surgical, their stock price is comparable with Apple, and they create a tool that all hospitals want and need. It would be a longer term investments, but it's hard to go wrong with medical vs electronics. As long as Obama care stays dormant, Healthcare will continue to pay . . .

**my advice just comes from information I've gathered over the past few months. I don't invest, I also don't gamble much, so please take my advice lightly and maybe do a little bit of your own homework. I'd just like to provide you a good place to start looking . . .
    Some people live their entire lifetime and wonder if they ever made a difference to the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -- Ronald Reagan January 1995

Secret To Seeing What Forum Supporters See?? >>Click Here<<

http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/attac...achmentid=3373

Thanks

true, I actually got rid of my AAPL, everyone's so bullish, some think it's going to climb to 1000 eventually! I try not to be too greedy

Still holding onto my CRUS, they're directly related to AAPL's success, I'll probably wait until their next earning's release before I make my next move with them

Picked up some PANL due to their recent drop, plus OLED is pretty awesome tech, so I think PANL'll do well long term as well

next pickup is going to be DWA, but I think they'll have another drop within the year before they start to see good growth again, and they're expanding into China!

Congrats to whoever picked up YELP today!
    "cheese and crackers!"

Thanks

anyone else following the FB IPO hype? it debuted today, fizzled like i thought it would
    gonna keep an eye on it though, who knows what could happen, like how LNKD is insanely priced
    "cheese and crackers!"

Images
    Thanks

I've kept a few shares of AAPL . . . I'm sure they'll stay pretty steady and possibly climb after their next few product releases. I did buy some FB (shame on me) at $40/share, it's not too high risk, and not a huge investment. I figure look, people aren't going to stop using it anytime soon. It's show how reliant people are on them, no matter how invasive they become, people threaten but never close their accounts. They need to work on their advertising to match what Google has been able to do. But if you think about it, what other company knows more personal information about you than Facebook (Kaiser?). So if they can figure out their true marketing strategy, and also their mobile strategy, I don't think they'll be dropping to single digit shares any time soon.
    Some people live their entire lifetime and wonder if they ever made a difference to the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -- Ronald Reagan January 1995

Secret To Seeing What Forum Supporters See?? >>Click Here<<

http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/attac...achmentid=3373

Thanks

kicking myself for not holding onto my AAPL shares, godamn D:
    you're probably kicking yourself for picking up FB shares ey?
    at least the markets overall are picking back up, I'm going to be checking out INVN, seems like an interesting company
    "cheese and crackers!"

Thanks

bullish on AIG
    "cheese and crackers!"