Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Official " Welcome to SoCalEuro.com " Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Thanks

The Official " Welcome to SoCalEuro.com " Thread

Welcome to all new members!
    Feel free to tell us a little bit about you. Where you're from and what ya drive.

-Tom

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Thanks
    Hi my name is Steve. I'm a Cancer and I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners, and cuddling next to the fire.

Thanks
    Hi...my name is Adam. I am a recovering VWaholic. I have owned 11 different VW's. As part of my recovery I am now driving a Subaru WRX. I am formerly from San Diego, now living in NW Montana. Welcome all newbies
    If I have enough room to pass you, you have enough room to move out of my way.

vrrrrrrrrrrrooooooom Administrator bugzy's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Im Lon. I like mom's. Or at least attractive girls that have potential to make a nice wife I have a station wagon ready for the kids
    .: GONE 2000 BMW M5 :: Me - 2013 Jetta GLI - 2000 Jetta 1.8t :: Wife- 2009 VW GTI :: Dad - 2002 VW JTI 337 :.
    Gone:: 1999 VW GTI VR6 :: 2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t :: 1989 VW GTI 16v :: 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon :: 1979 VW Rabbit

Click here to become a Forum supporter. || .: WheelIndustry.com || Buy SoCalEuro decals here ||

Van Wilder: You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.

Thanks
    Whats up guys, nice looking website. I am a fan of European sports cars, (I wrote a college English paper arguing that the Porsche 911 GT2 is the best sports car on earth) but, due mostly to budgetary reasons, I am stuck driving a pos ford. I have heard good things about your website, and the people that post here, and I look forward to participating and maybe tagging along on one of your Julian runs (as a passenger in a friends car, you wouldn't want my truck there.) Hell, maybe someday I will even get one of those jobs that actually pays good (I have heard such a thing exists) and I will be able to buy a nice car (can you say Porsche?) and become a real member here.

Burke.
    Last edited by tsaf_Ford; 04-30-2005 at 10:27 PM. Reason: shoulda included my name huh?

Save the Boobies!!!!! Moderator Tom's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Yo. My name is Tom too. All the cool guys are named Tom. :P

I have a 1989 16V GTI that is a work in progress. I also have a 1997 Miata that I'm going to put up for sale soon.

My wife drives a 1999 A4 Tiptronic with a K04.

My whole family is modded.

I hope to have the GTI ready for some canyon runs by June. We'll see though....everytime I think it's ready, another issue pops up.

Images
    Thanks
    -_- My name is Jesse..
    i have a chipped 01 GTi Vr6 and still waiting for other mods that i paid for two months ago to come in. i enjoy playing pc games, Driving my GTi, my girlfriend, and stuff... mmmm... stuff...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy
    Im Lon. I like mom's. Or at least attractive girls that have potential to make a nice wife I have a station wagon ready for the kids
    Lon is a MILF lover!!!!!
    If I have enough room to pass you, you have enough room to move out of my way.

vrrrrrrrrrrrooooooom Administrator bugzy's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaf_Ford
    Whats up guys, nice looking website. I am a fan of European sports cars, (I wrote a college English paper arguing that the Porsche 911 GT2 is the best sports car on earth) but, due mostly to budgetary reasons, I am stuck driving a pos ford. I have heard good things about your website, and the people that post here, and I look forward to participating and maybe tagging along on one of your Julian runs (as a passenger in a friends car, you wouldn't want my truck there.) Hell, maybe someday I will even get one of those jobs that actually pays good (I have heard such a thing exists) and I will be able to buy a nice car (can you say Porsche?) and become a real member here.

Burke.
    Sounds like a plan we dont bite

Addition:
    My cars
    2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t quattro
    Sportec Front, Sportec Sides, OEM S4 rear bumper, K04 turbo, Revo software, Ecode FMIC, TT injectors, 19"x8" TSW Montage, Toyo T1S 235/35/19, OEM B6 S4 front 13.4" brakes, Milltek downpipe, Magnaflow custom 4" exhaust, KW Variant 2 coilovers, eurospec hid headlight, revo sps3, oem euro shift knob, topspin design seats, topspin design racing harness, ams short shifter, hardwire v1, jbl gto 301.1 amp, image dynamic idq v1 10" sub

1989 VW GTI 16v
    Autotech springs, Progas shocks
    Coming: Front/Rear big bumper, G60 fender flares, Fuel enrichment module, Eurosport swaybars, eurosport tie bars, Rota slipstream 16x7

Dad's car
    2002 VW GTI 337 (aka 20th Anniversary)
    GIAC chip, Tein coilovers

Mom's car
    1999 Mercedes E320
    H&R sport springs, Bilstein shock shocks, 18x8 Moven M3 reps

Brother's car aka my old car
    2000 Jetta 1.8t
    H&R sport springs, Tokico Illumina, Autotech Q-chip
    .: GONE 2000 BMW M5 :: Me - 2013 Jetta GLI - 2000 Jetta 1.8t :: Wife- 2009 VW GTI :: Dad - 2002 VW JTI 337 :.
    Gone:: 1999 VW GTI VR6 :: 2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t :: 1989 VW GTI 16v :: 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon :: 1979 VW Rabbit

Click here to become a Forum supporter. || .: WheelIndustry.com || Buy SoCalEuro decals here ||

Van Wilder: You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.

Thanks
    Hi, my name's Pia (Yes... like the PIAA lights *rolls eyes* just with one A). I used to own (read screen name). And the keyword is "used to." My current mode of transportation is by foot or by pestering the parents until I have enough for an MKII. I'm the only one in my family that's into cars and my mom hates it because she wants me to be more "lady like." Now the car info is out of the way... Hi, my name's Pia, I'm an alcoholic... Oh wait, wrong forum...
    This IS clean...

compared to the other day i ran it through the mud....

Thanks
    great to see so many people responded! welcome to all the new comers!
    for those of you who dont know me, my name is Tom and I drive an e36 ///M3. Next purchase is going to be an e36 convertable for my sweetheart and within a year I want to buy an e46 ///M3.

To all the newcomers pass the word along about www.socaleuro.com. This is a great place to meet people who share the same interests as you.

Tom

Images
    Thanks
    How is everybody. I'm Damien. I joined the club with a 83 VW Rabbit, has since been passed on to ManaSteel and I now have a 2002 Jetta 1.8t. Let's just say VW needs to send a big Thank you letter to this website cus I wouldn't of boughten my new Jetta had I not been to this website/club. Thanks Steve for giving me the Card!
    Wherever life takes me...
    LifeByDamien.com

Thanks
    What's up, my name is Joe, I used to own a truck and it was my favorite thing in the world. After I totaled it I was afraid I would be miserable driving a car. I went to Volkswagen because if I had to drive a car, they were the ones I thought had a lot of style and I wouldn't be miserable driving and it turns out, I love this car! I've learned alot from this website and it's really opened my eyes to how great European cars are. Now we'll see if anyone comes out with a german truck!
    2004 Jetta Gls 1.8T. Eurosport catback exhaust, neuspeed c.a.i, neuspeed short shifter (FOR SALE) GIAC-X software, 4 bar fpr, e-code headlights, hyperboost d.v. vdo boost guage and colum pod.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joefis13
    Now we'll see if anyone comes out with a german truck!
    Rabbit Truck aka The Caddy
    This IS clean...

compared to the other day i ran it through the mud....

Thanks
    Hi , my name is Errick and before joining this site I was A Sex addict, an alcoholic, a crack head, SCE changed my life. Now I detest sex, only drink vinegar and have given up crack and strated shooting up heroine.

Thanks SOCALEURO.

Super Moderator Moderator creanium's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GTIRUFIO
    Hi , my name is Errick and before joining this site I was A Sex addict, an alcoholic, a crack head, SCE changed my life. Now I detest sex, only drink vinegar and have given up crack and strated shooting up heroine.

Thanks SOCALEURO.
    ... then you've become a member of the wrong community if you detest sex and gave up alcohol.

Anyway, my name is John (all: HIIIII JOHN!). For the last 2+ years I've been driving a 2003 Jetta 1.8T (pictured in my signature). It was my first exposure to a euro as my whole family before that was pro-Detroit. My previous car was a 1997 Ranger XLT regular cab; basically your bottom of the line Ranger. The Jetta was a major step up.

I've done some modding to my car, none of it engine-related however. The list includes: smoked side markers, smoked fender markers, 17" Monte Carlos (painted gunmetal), 28mm Neuspeed rear sway, Vogtland sport springs, Koni sport adjustable shocks, e-code headlights, euro switch, euro full-screen MFA instrument cluster, VW OEM in-dash navigation, upgraded stereo equipment, W8 overhead panel. I think that about covers it.

People quickly learn that I have the uncanny ability to say I'm going to a GTG, but end up not showing up. I make it up to a North County SD GTG about once every 3 months, some reason never make it to Fusion, and there's about a 50/50 chance you'll see me at any big bbq. I've never been able to figure out why it works out that way, and doctors are baffled. Maybe one of these days I'll be cured.

Need a web host?
    HostGator rules all. Avoid 1and1 like the plague

Fan of the Chargers?

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GTIRUFIO

Thanks SOCALEURO.
    its HEROIN fool

I'm Jon, drive a 1998 VW Golf GL ... 95% stock, changes very slowly as I make $6.50 an hour as a supervisor at a police department (yay Arizona!).
    From Carlsbad, and I'll be back there this summer. No idea where I'll end up once I graduate Uni in December, I love the SoCalEuro crew though!

Hope to make a lot of events this summer, lets hope my job gives me a favorable schedule.
    Carlsbad exile

Hi my name is Greg. As others here can tell you, I am as old as dirt. Had my first drive in a VAG car was before most of you were born. That first drive was on the Wichita Turnpike in a 1956 sunroof bug in 1960. Took my driving test in a 1961 bug. Owned a 1967 bug, 914, 84 Audi coupe, and a 90 Coupe Quattro. Wife has a New Beetle and the kid has a MKII 16V Jetta.

If you are at a GTG, just look for the oldest guy there and it is probably me. Just say hi, and I can talk bench racing for like, forever.

Greg W.
    they can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Thanks
    Hi I'm jaime, I'm a certified beer drinker & I drive an mkIII jetta.

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    Wasn't this thread supposed to be for the noobs? Well, I'm still kind of noobish, so here goes.
    My name is Tony. I'm not THE Tony, but I am definitely A Tony.

I am 5'6", married, and I have a freakishly long tongue. I think I am a Gemini, and I don't especially care for walking on the beach. I'm not an alcoholic. I don't even drink. But I go to meetings, just to be safe.

The cars? Oh, yeah. The cars.
    My wife apparently didn't think it was such a good idea, but I really thought we needed four cars. You know, just in case. (or was it the variety factor?)

Mine: '92 Taurus SHO 5 speed with a bunch of mods and the license plate CALL AAA. It's fast and it's fun, but it's not the most reliable car in the lot. Now I see why Consumer Reports gave it so many black circles. But for the number of problems it's had, I'll never get rid of it.

Hers: '95 300ZX n/a It's the purple people-eater. It's not the fastest one, but you can corner like a MFer. The most interesting thing about that car is that almost all of the mods on the car were done BY HER, before we were married.

Ours/hers: '2004 A6 2.7T S-line. The 2 ton dolphin gray wahle. Comfy! Sporty! Kinda pimpy! It's not modified, and it really takes the pain of of my commute from RB to Coronado.

Ours/mine: '2001 S4. Not modified, but I'm fixing that.

That's all. HAve a good night, and don't forget to tip your waitress over
    Tony
    '02 S6 Avant
    '09 Jetta TDI
    '12 S5