Thread: Vintage Ferrari

Thanks

Vintage Ferrari

I've been seeing a vintage Ferrari recently in my neighborhood, its always parked outside this one restaurant. I think it might be a 308 GTS, but I need to get a picture of it so I can identify it. It looks like its in perfect shape too. The best part is the vanity license place, Magnum PI. Makes me laugh every time I drive by, not to mention think "lucky guy".

I'm going to get a pic and would appreciate some help identifying it when I do.
    Top Gear 10 (http://tr.im/bbcashop) is the first-ever, full season DVD release of Top Gear to hit North America. Are you a big Stig fan? Ask me about free copies!

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Thanks

Re: Vintage Ferrari

It's weird that a 308 GTS might now be considered 'vintage'. But I guess these things are almost 30 years old!
    -John M
    1986 MB 190E 2.3-16v

Thanks

yeap 308 ....Ive driven a few of them they are all RPM till about 6-7K
    FOR WHOM THE FUCKING BELL TOLLS
    ITS NOT WHAT YOU BUY.....ITS WHAT YOU BUILD
    CARS COFFEE -N- DOUGHNUTS SAN DIEGO https://www.facebook.com/carscoffeedoughnutsSanDiego
    Lucky 7 Racing https://www.facebook.com/LuckySe7enRacing

Thanks

@turbo20valve

Ya I think it's definitely on the bubble, maybe its not quite vintage yet though. Been staking the restaurant out but haven't seen the Magnum Pi Ferrari lately. Will post a pic when I get it.
    Top Gear 10 (http://tr.im/bbcashop) is the first-ever, full season DVD release of Top Gear to hit North America. Are you a big Stig fan? Ask me about free copies!

Thanks

@daygoVR6

Lucky you, would love to drive a Ferrari at some point in my life.

Also, if anyone wants to enter to win a chance to win season 10 on DVD, Gear Patrol is hosting a giveaway. To enter just leave a comment with your favorite Top Gear moment.
    http://gearpatrol.com/blog/2009/05/1...s-of-all-time/

Thanks

308 series F-cars aren't generally considered vintage yet, just "old". Not quite old enough to be a classic or worth anything, fortunately for those of us who love them and want to buy one in the near future. They go for $15k in so-so shape to $35k minty fresh. Most of them fall in the $25k range.
    Brendan Prout
    2004 R32 122k miles, 1993 VR6 Corrado 186k miles, 1990 Corrado 304k miles - RIP 2/12/11, 1973 Fiat Spider 122k miles

Thanks

308's are great if you want an F car on a budget as long as you can stand getting slapped around by a camry on the freeway. God forbid something breaks (and it will since its a Ferrari) it will still put you in the poor house. The were the shit in the 80's, but are in kind of a gap between stuff like a 275GTb 365 Daytona's, Dinos which are super collectible, and newer 355's, 360's which are more reliable, and collectible Testarossa (which can be had cheap now too), F40 and up super cars. The 308 was a cool car and mass produced (for a Ferrari) IMO to own one you would have to commit to a financial loss up front and do it for the love of the car and Marque. They have no where to go but up in the value department though, but my $30-$40K for a super nice future collectible would be spent on a 930.
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton
    2012 Cooper S hard top Lightning blue/Black roof
    2009 328i sport coupe, M3 steering wheel, DCT paddles, Magnaflow exhaust.

Thanks

For $35k now you can pick up an F355, funny that you mention it.
    Brendan Prout
    2004 R32 122k miles, 1993 VR6 Corrado 186k miles, 1990 Corrado 304k miles - RIP 2/12/11, 1973 Fiat Spider 122k miles

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks

Free copies of Top Gear?
    Tony
    '02 S6 Avant
    '09 Jetta TDI
    '12 S5

Thanks

My dad almost bought a 308 in the early 90's when they could be had in the low-mid 20's....... Inflation in now working on there side. Hell you can find 360's for under $60K and they are a decade old! 308's are right in that time frame to pick up a clean one I think, old enough to be cheap (Ferrari wise) but not old enough to be valuable. If you buy a nice one now, then wait another 20 years, then it will be worth more.... more then if you invested the money wisely? Probably not, but atleast you can drive it. I think most of us here could afford to buy one, 308, 348, 355, 360.... but maintaining it, thats another story. 308's are by all intents and purposes, are a 35 year old design. They are slow and uncomfortable, borderline unreliable and would get beat by a new camary around a track, however, its one of Enzo's last cars.
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton
    2012 Cooper S hard top Lightning blue/Black roof
    2009 328i sport coupe, M3 steering wheel, DCT paddles, Magnaflow exhaust.

SoCalEuro Member Forum Supporter v2rocket's Avatar
    Thanks

a 355 for 35k!?
    BEAT ANY TICKET!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JETTAone420 View Post
    HERE YEE HERE YEE!!!

THE GREAT V2ROCKET HAS ARIVED!!!
    MAKE WAY YOU PEASANTS! FOR HIS SIG HOLDS THE KEY TO BEAT ANY TICKET!!

trust me i know! ive won 3 of 4 traffic violatoins!!
    and justins already won 2 of them....
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm1983 View Post
    What kinda wheels them is?
    current: 2002 1.8T GTI 337

Thanks

Yup - there was one at the Coronado Speed Festival for that much (an F1 Berlinetta), and the Spider version was going for about $5k more.

Prices have dropped like bricks on all the 348's, 355's, and 360's since the 458 came out.
    Brendan Prout

Images
    Thanks

Running to Google my $35k car washing prop and future investment to park in my driveway in the Bronx!
    Wherever life takes me...
    LifeByDamien.com