Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Chris Fritzler and his Yellow Fever
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Chris Fritzler and his Yellow Fever

YELLOW FEVER

Words - daygoVR6 - Brad Harvey socaleuro.com
    Snaps -
    • godzilla - Tom Maranda socaleuro.com
    • daygoVR6 - Brad Harvey socaleuro.com

In the euro scene there is always something that stands out from the crowd and places a car outside of the norm for what is cool. There are always cars you see at the shows, the local cruise spots, or at a “track day” that show a dedicated enthusiast - someone with ideas and one that isn’t afraid to think outside of the box when it comes to modifying their ride. Yet with innovative ideas as moding goes, one is usually faced with, “Do I pay my rent for the month, or get that new set of rims and tires for the ride.”

Chris Fritzler shows us with his 2004 Audi TT 225
    Quattro the norm of what makes a euro car cool. Making it stand out above the rest doesn’t take a fast bank roll or modifications so extensive that he is without said vehicle for more than a month with it stuck in a shop somewhere having work done. Originally Chris started out with a black ‘01 Audi TT 225 Quattro, but wanted to have something different than everyone else. Yet every time he drove down the road Chris kept seeing other TT Quattro’s a lot like his. Just like any enthusiast he wanted more, something more edgy and to be different than the next guy. When he found out Audi would be offering the Quattro in a new Imola Yellow color in 2004 combined with a stronger 1.8 liter turbo charged four cylinder engine package, while still retaining the sleek body lines that he appreciated so much with his ‘01, he saw the opportunity for change and went after the 2004 225 TT Quattro as soon as they were available.

Before the new Audi left the dealer, the car started to see modifications, starting off with a 3 inch custom bent exhaust system that was swapped over from the original ’01 car, since the dealer wouldn’t let Chris trade in his ’01 TT with the “non factory” exhaust system. With a few tweaks he got an added boost in performance, giving the ‘04 less turbo lag under hard acceleration, but he still had some other ideas about what he wanted from the car in the engine performance category. A few weeks later, engine management software in the flavor of a programmable GIAC X unit was installed and kept in tune by Jeff from Torque Factory, the well known Audi performance shop in Santa Monica. Chris also replaced the stock diverter valve with a Hyperboost HX unit along with a manual boost controller to help keep the boost levels at optimum levels, which is a stout 27 psi or just a hair under 2 bars while under full boost. With the added power from the higher boost levels the stock engine and transmission mounts had to go. Chris opted for the VF Engineering units, including a dog bone mount along with side engine and side transmission mounts, to help handle the added power and giving less flex in the drive train under hard acceleration. An open element K&N air filter was also added to the mix allowing the engine to breathe better through out the rpm’s.

Once the engine was tuned to the point that made Chris happy for the time being, it was time for the transmission to have some adjustments made to it. The factory shifter was tossed in favor of a new short throw shifter, using a unit from B&M and a combination of parts from a Diesel Geek and ECS Tuning, making his shifts a lot smoother and quicker. A Haldex Performance electronic differential controller was also installed giving the car that extra edge during hard acceleration and hard cornering. For now a stock clutch is in charge of transferring the power from the motor to the factory six speed manual transmission.

Giving the Audi a bit of a different look, Chris removed the stock rollers and opted for 19x8 two piece DTM Kreuz 5’s with black centers and a polished lip, wrapped in sticky 235/35/19 Toyo Proxes T1-S’s to help hold the car around corners and during mountain runs. The body was left relatively stock, (hey why mess with a good thing) aside from a dual exit exhaust valance installed on the rear bumper, which was a factory option on the ‘04 Audi TT Quattro with the 3.2 liter engine package, mated with a color matched early ‘90’s Porsche C2 “Turbo” emblem that Chris had mounted within the rear valance.

With all this work Chris still isn’t done. He tries to hide a grin when he talks about replacing the suspension with a full H&R coil-over set up in the near future so he can get more into auto crossing, as well as giving the car a more aggressive stance while going down the road. He is also working with Jeff Moss and the crew at Del Rio Power in Mexico City, devising a plan for a bigger turbo in hope of finding more overall power, which Chris says, “I’ll give you a hint, Euro Tuner’s 1.8T challenge”. Chris also has his eye on an ECS Tuning Stage 4 big brake upgrade so all this power can be stopped quickly when necessary. The Audi will also receive a de-badge treatment in the rear to give the car a cleaner look, as well as adding some new gauges to keep an eye on engine vitals and custom mounting them in the interior.
    Unless you live in a cave, if you don’t recognize this car you need to get out more. It’s hard to miss Chris and his Audi on the Southern California streets. This car is a definite a player on the euro scene for what is cool while retaining the clean euro look at the same time. I can’t wait to see this thing with a larger turbo and more horse power out put in the future.

VITALS
    Owner: Christopher D Fritzler

Vehicle
    Year – 2004 Make – Audi Model – TT 225 Quattro Color – Imola Yellow
    Engine – 1.8 liter turbo charged 4 cylinder
    Modifications
    Engine – Custom bent 3 inch cat back exhaust system, GIAC X engine management software, Hyperboost HK diverter valve, VF Engineering dog bone mount, side engine mount and tranny mount, K&N open element air filter
    Transmission – B&M short shifter combined with parts from Diesel Geek and ECS Tuning, Haldex Performance electronic differential controller
    Suspension – Stock for now H&R coil-overs soon
    Exterior – rear exhaust valance from a 3.2 liter TT Quattro with early 90’s Porsche C2 “Turbo” emblem color matched and mounted on the valance
    Rollers - 19x8 2 piece DTM Kreuz 5’s black centers with a polished lip rolling on 235/35/19 Toyo Proxes T1-S tires
    Interior – Stock, awaiting new customer mounted gauges
    Quick Shout - Thanks to Jeff for tuning two of my cars and excellent customer service, Thanks to Nick for keeping my car on the road – my questions never go unanswered, and the TT is always in tip top shape, and to So Cal Euro – always good times, with good people.

SEE THE REST OF BRADS PHOTOS HERE

SEE THE REST OF TOMS PHOTOS HERE

BIG THANKS TO LOUIE AND HIS WIFE SHERRI AT THE CASTLE BED AND BREAKFAST IN TEMECULA FOR LETTING US USE THERE PLACE FOR SOME PHOTOS

HEY SO CAL EURO MEMBERS LISTEN UP – THERE ARE MORE FEATURES TO COME THAT I AM WORKING ON SO STAY TUNED LET LON PAUL TOM OR MYSELF KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS ARTICLE.
    –Brad

photos are property of Tom Maranda and Brad Harvey any reuse of these photos without our knowledge can be very bad for you so just ask if you want a few
    Last edited by Tom; 07-15-2005 at 12:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

Images
    Thanks
    Hot TT Frittz!

and great writeup Brad. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Thanks
    i'm geeked, this is good shit
    YouTube "ALLSolar Research Vessel"

Thanks
    too bad the photos are way out of wack size wise...thanks guys i appreciate it

Images
    Thanks
    quality!

Didn't know all that about his car, you learn something every day.

Keep up the good work!
    Carlsbad exile

Thanks
    password for you album brad?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZE FRITZ
    password for you album brad?
    works ok for me

Thanks
    it's locked.. if i go up a level to view all your folders, it shows as locked

Thanks
    Good job, Brad! I like how it came out!

Thanks
    ehhh I don't particually care for yellow cars... No offense Chris...
    I don't see bald tires there?!?!?!? Next time we have a little weekend GTG, I think I can have all the guys break out their spares and loan them to you...

Oh BTW, nice pics......

2000 Imola S4 Stage 2+

Save the Boobies!!!!! Moderator Tom's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Dude, what's up with the pics?

They should look like this....

Images
    Thanks
    Brad....
    I fixed 'em, but you need to read the PM I sent you.

Thanks
    Holy hoTT friTTz!
    Wow nice photos & nice article!

Brad, please do a write up for me next! Wow I need something like this on my ride!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jballou
    I don't see bald tires there?!?!?!? Next time we have a little weekend GTG, I think I can have all the guys break out their spares and loan them to you...

Oh BTW, nice pics......
    2000 Imola S4 Stage 2+

look on the inside of the left rear tire... see it bald. the other side has belting showing.. i'm trying to get a good price on tires right now.

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    i woulddd...

take the bra off, opt for clear bra although its not realyl that neccesary...5-8mm spacers...slam it to the ground

but what do i know..im a SCE newb

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jballou
    ehhh I don't particually care for yellow cars... No offense Chris...
    ditto, but it is a nice car.. and i didn't know you were a devil dog... how many marines are on this site????
    loving my new baby.. and yes it is ANOTHER white euro...

Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_van1sh
    take the bra off, opt for clear bra although its not realyl that neccesary...5-8mm spacers...slam it to the ground
    The bra is Frittz, Frittz it the bra.

Quote Originally Posted by lostntainted
    how many marines are on this site????
    Me, Steve (mittsn), socal_GLI, tinytolo...

I know there's more but I can't remember them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla
    The bra is Frittz, Frittz it the bra.

Me, Steve (mittsn), socal_GLI, tinytolo...

I know there's more but I can't remember them.
    what no chair force love??? awww i'm all alone
    loving my new baby.. and yes it is ANOTHER white euro...

Thanks

why are you trying not to smile?? smiling is good =)

seriously though, nice article brad, congrats on the feature senor frizzle!
    euraZn

Thanks
    i really think you should change out your seat