Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project T5R buildup blog - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    vrrrrrrrrrrrooooooom Administrator bugzy's Avatar
    Images
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    btw, what kinda power you expecting once your done?
    whp?
    .: GONE 2000 BMW M5 :: Me - 2013 Jetta GLI - 2000 Jetta 1.8t :: Wife- 2009 VW GTI :: Dad - 2002 VW JTI 337 :.
    Gone:: 1999 VW GTI VR6 :: 2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t :: 1989 VW GTI 16v :: 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon :: 1979 VW Rabbit

Click here to become a Forum supporter. || .: WheelIndustry.com || Buy SoCalEuro decals here ||

Van Wilder: You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy
    btw, what kinda power you expecting once your done?
    whp?
    shooting for about 400whp.

Images
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    dang, ya wanan build me a 300whp car
    .: GONE 2000 BMW M5 :: Me - 2013 Jetta GLI - 2000 Jetta 1.8t :: Wife- 2009 VW GTI :: Dad - 2002 VW JTI 337 :.
    Gone:: 1999 VW GTI VR6 :: 2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t :: 1989 VW GTI 16v :: 1994 Volvo 850 Turbo wagon :: 1979 VW Rabbit

Click here to become a Forum supporter. || .: WheelIndustry.com || Buy SoCalEuro decals here ||

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy
    dang, ya wanan build me a 300whp car
    Thats more than do able.

Hell do you have money in hand? I know someone selling a 13.4 @ 107 mph setup (Im PM'ing you)

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    Ok heres some pics. Not to bad though, I think we got started around 9am and had it out by 1pm. The freaking axle nuts were stuck on like SOB's. Alex has a funny story about those... lol

My autometer oil pressure sender axle plug pop'd out.... it did work good otherwise LOL

and ofcourse

Not sure what I want to attack first tomorrow. I cleaned up the shop space tonight, just need to forklift some things around tomorrow.

Thanks
    holy crap...................that thing is gonna be fast..................cant wait to see a video of it whipping the tar out of a vette, or worse!

I can get my grandma's pristine gun metal grey 1984 240 turbo for practicaly free in the near future if I want it. I liked your old car, it was a super sleeper, so when grammy gives up the keys I might just snatch it up for a project
    "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no one, for I am the meanest motherf****r in the valley" - George S. Patton
    2012 Cooper S hard top Lightning blue/Black roof
    2009 328i sport coupe, M3 steering wheel, DCT paddles, Magnaflow exhaust.

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    sweet man. I still have a soft spot for 240T's... well that and this

sitting in my sideyard hahaha

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    Rolled the car out this morning and attacked the engine bay with the pressure washer.

I wish I had a picture of me out there pressure washing while wearing fishing waders!! Looked dumb but I stayed dry and warm lol

Rolled it back in and started on the subframe.

also used my buffer + some polishing compound to help remove this odd film thats been on the engine bay paint since I've owned the car

test fitted my strut brace

Decided on a paint color for my IC plumbing when I redo it

thats it, called it a day early today.

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    My machine shop is waiting on fresh stones to do the finish hone on the block, so Im sans motor till friday. Works out fine, FINALLY got the correct main bearings on order.

so tonight I just spend time in front of the bead blaster, solvent tank and did some painting.

Thanks
    gonna do any color matching? or leave all of the engine stuff silver / black?
    My signature was so old it broke all the rules :drama:

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    Going to leave all the accessories as they are. Im basicly keeping the same color scheme I had before. This yellow can become WAY to much yellow very fast

plus I want to fly under the radar as much as possible for smog. The only main difference is Im building a new intercooler plumbing setup... similar to the new S60R's

Images
    Thanks
    we need a emoticon!

edit .. well shit, I got it right the first try lol
    Carlsbad exile

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    Got the rotating assembly back... been working on it since 4, I'll post pics tonight

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    Well got the rotating assembly back a day early. Started on it after work

jet wash took off most of the ugly paint so I restripped it and painted it again.

my bench defies gravity lol

got the main girdle off, started chasing all the threads with the tap. Damn whiteblocks use a ton of bolts!

3 weeks later

picking the correct main bearings

main's assembled.

pistons assembled, ready to start putting them in

assembled :-D

bottom side

and done. Those rods really are raw at best. They were all pretty varied in weight, 1 being 10G heavier than the rest though. Balanced out nicely, pistons were all pretty close. The small end on the rods also was to tight, had to be honed a bit. Festivas miracle complete, machining under budget and ahead of schedule. :-D

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    okey dokey. Slow tonight... well because I am wierd and had to polish every bolt head that went back on the motor. Plus it took me a while to find all the oil pan bolts!

look its upside down face boy!

oil squirters in, caps on, pink volvo goop as far as the eye can see

wee shinny

buckets of polished bolts

forgot to get a fresh oring for the pipe, so for picture purposes only

Started a bit on the interior tonight

I hate working in the interior.. some times I do wish I was a 100 lb asian instead of.. me :lol:

Figured out a way (I'm 99 percent sure) to run the piping for the front mount... it involves this

scored it cheap from a wrecked S60R

Forum Lurker Moderator SYNYSTAGLI's Avatar
    Thanks
    Holy fuck!! You do shit right man!!
    DCI-VW
    NEED PARTS?
    www.purems.com

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FittyGTI8VT
    Holy fuck!! You do shit right man!!
    thanks man!!!

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    ok so I got something done today.

weee

Images
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    holy crap, i see 3 pedals !!

*snif*

SoCalEuro Member
    Thanks
    Did a test fit on the old motor for the IC plumbing today.

On the upside it looks like 1 of the other OEM IC pipes will be very useful. Thats 1 less pipe I need to buy so that makes me happy. :-D Got some of the parts to make up my oil return line. The PERFECT fitting was on back order for 2 weeks, so I got something very very close. Just need to drill it out .1" not to big of a deal. I had a margarita or two for lunch though... so that day is not today :lol:

Have a good holidays everyone. This will probably be all I get done till monday :-D